Avtomaticheskaya Svarka (Automatic Welding), #6, 2016, pp. 17-20
Statistical control of process of flash-butt welding of rails. Two-level control system
S.I. Kuchuk-Yatsenko, P.M. Rudenko, V.S. Gavrish, A.V. Didkovsky And E.V. Antipin
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU 11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03680, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
The article deals with the modern approach to creation of system for control of process of flash-butt welding of rails based on statistical analysis of data collection, characterizing this process. In the received data such an analysis allows detecting a number of previously unknown and useful knowledge interpretations (knowledge discovery in databases), required for making decision on the process control. The analysis of causes was carried out which may lead to deviations in the course of technological process and, as a consequence, to violation of the quality of welded butts. To detect these disturbances, two-level control system was proposed. At the lower level in the system of direct digital control the traditional quality control of welded joints is used for «instantaneous» response to the occurrence of rejection and prevention of its further spreading. At the upper level (at the diagnostic center of Company «Ukrzaliznytsya») the statistical processing of welding rails protocols is carried out to detect disturbances which are difficult to control by direct measurements. The developed algorithms passed an experimental verification and can be recommended for their further introduction into industry. 5 Ref., 1 Table, 4 Figures.
flash-butt welding, two-level control system, control of process parameters, statistical control, technical state of equipment, allowance control
- Kuchuk-Yatsenko, S.I. (2008) Influence of structure heredity of low-alloy and carbon steels on weldability in solid phase, Vol. 1, 148–165. Kiev: Akademperiodika.
- Gudkov, A.V., Nikolin, A.I. (2012) Specifics of welding of modern rails. Put i Put. Khozyajstvo, 4, 9–13.
- (2011) Improvement of efficiency and reliability of rails: Transact. of VNIIZhT. Ed. by A.Yu. Abdurashitov. Moskow: Intekst.
- Kruglov, V.V., Dli, M.I. (2002) Intelligent information systems: Computer support of fuzzy logic and inference. Moscow: Fizmatlit.
- R 60-601-20–91: Recommendations on assessment of accuracy and stability of technological processes (equipment). Moscow: VNIIS Gosst. Rossii.