Avtomaticheskaya Svarka (Automatic Welding), #7, 2016, pp. 22-27
Iron-based alloy for plasma-powder surfacing of screw conveyors of extruders and injection molding machines
Plasma-Master Ltd, 3 Krzhizhanovsky Str., 03680, Kiev, Ukraine. Е-mail: email@example.com
The structure and properties of wear- and corrosion-resistant alloy of Fe–Cr–V–Mo–Ni–C system were investigated for plasma surfacing of screw conveyors of extruders and injection molding machines. It was shown that combination of high wear resistance and ductility of the alloy is achieved due to formation of a large amount of primary vanadium carbides VC and eutectics, located in the viscous austenitic-martensitic matrix in the form of single colonies. The alloy has an excellent formation and high resistance of the deposited bead to crack formation in surfacing, that allows surfacing rather massive parts without preheating. The service life of screw conveyors deposited using this alloy is 3–5 times higher than that of nitrated screws. 10 Ref., 2 Tables, 10 Figures.
plasma-powder surfacing, alloy structure, carbides, carbide eutectic, wear resistance, coefficient of linear expansion, bead formation
- Maksimchuk, A.M., Mesyats, G.A., Nechiporenko, V.G. et al. (1973) Manufacturing of new and plasma surfacing repair of worn extruder worms. i Neft. Mashinostroenie, 8, 22–23.
- Luelsdorf, P. (1975) Verschleissprobleme mit Zylinder und Schnecke beim Extrudieren. Reilloy-Bericht., 4, 1–8.
- (1977) Plasma arc weld surfacing – new route to hardfacing screws. Plastics Techn., 23(10), 17–19. https://doi.org/10.26628/ps.v83i9.514
- Gorka, J., Czuprynski, A., Kik, T. et al. (2011) Przemyslowe aplikacje napawania plazmowego proszkowego. Przeglad Spawalnictwa, 9, 87–94.
- Gladky, P.V., Pereplyotchikov, E.F., Ryabtsev, I.A. (2007) Plasma surfacing. Kiev: Ekotekhnologiya. https://doi.org/10.1080/09507110701631141
- Frumin, I.I., Som, A.I., Gladky, P.V. (1981) Plasma surfacing of extruder worms of polymer machines. In: Theoretical and technological principles of surfacing. Surfacing in machine-building and repair: , 13–21. Kiev: PWI.
- Som, A.I. (1983) New wear-resistant alloy for plasma surfacing. In: Theoretical and technological principles of surfacing. Surfacing consumables: , 7–11. Kiev: PWI.
- Yuzvenko, Yu.A., Gavrish, V.A., Marienko, V.Yu. (1979) Laboratory units for evaluation of wear resistance of deposited metal. In: Theoretical and technological principles of surfacing. Properties and tests of deposited metal:, 23–27. Kiev: PWI.
- Poznyak, L.A., Skripchenko, Yu.M., Timaev, S.I. (1980) Die steels. Moscow: Metallurgiya.
- Popov, V.S., Titukh, Yu.I. (1975) X-ray structural examination of transformations in work surface of alloys under abrasive wear. MiTOM, 1, 24–27.