Avtomaticheskaya Svarka (Automatic Welding), #8, 2016, pp. 12-14
Effect of composition of electrode strip on base metal penetration
V.N. Matvienko, L.K. Leshchinsky And V.A. Mazur
Priazovsky State Technical University, 7 Universitetskaya Str., 87500, Mariupol, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The paper gives the results of investigation of effect of composition and thermophysical properties of weld pool molten metal on penetration efficiency in submerged arc surfacing using strip electrode. The results of processing and analysis of received experimental and calculation data show that under conditions of formation of composition of weld pool close to strip electrode composition, reduction of penetration area is correlated with reduction of melt enthalpy at replacement of Sv-08kp strip by Sv-12Kh18N10. 8 Ref., 1 Table, 4 Figures.
metal melting, weld pool, thermophysical properties, enthalpy, melting temperature, surfacing, strip electrode, penetration area
- Ryabtsev, I.A. (2005) High-efficiency wide-layer surfacing using electrode wires and strips (Review). The Paton Welding J., 6, 31–35.
- Kalensky, V.K. (1999) Specifics and some technological characteristics of electroslag cladding with one electrode strip. Svarka, 3, 16–21.
- Matvienko, V.N., Mazur, V.A., Leshchinsky, L.K. (2015) Evaluation of shape and sizes of weld pool in surfacing using combined strip electrode. The Paton Welding J., 9, 28–31. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2015.09.04
- Lavrik, V.P., Leshchinsky, L.K., Pirch, I.I. (1985) Influence of thermophysical properties of strip electrode melt on nature of metal penetration in wide-layer surfacing. Proizvodstvo, 3, 34–35.
- Bahrami, A., Aidun, D.K. (2012) Modeling of transport phenomena in dissimilar welding of 2205 duplex stainless steel to 1018 carbon steel. In: of 9th Int. Conf. on Trends in Welding Research, 916–921.
- Dmitrik, V.V., Shevchenko, V.V. (2001) Effectiveness in use of molten pool heat. The Paton Welding J., 4, 24–26.
- Oh, Y.K., Davletian, J.H., Chen, S.J. (1990) Low-dilution electroslag cladding for shipbuilding. Welding J., 8, 37–44.
- Soderstrom, E.J., Scott, K.M., Mendez, P.F. (2011) Calorimetric measurement of droplet temperature in GMAW. Ibid., 4, 77–84.