Avtomaticheskaya Svarka (Automatic Welding), #12, 2016, pp. 31-35
Evaluation of high temperature resistance of three-layer honeycomb panel produced from YuIPM-1200 alloy by vacuum diffusion welding
, M. Parko2
, A.M. Potapov1
, Yu.V. Falchenko3
, L.V. Petrushinets3
, T.V. Melnichenko3
and V.E. Fedorchuk3
SC «M.K. Yangel Design Bureau «Yuzhnoje» 3 Krivorozhskaya Str., 49008, Dniepr, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
TECNALIA, Parque Tecnolygico de San Sebastian Mikeletegi Pasealekua 2 E-20009 Donostia-San Sebastian-Gipuzkoa, Spain. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU 11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03680, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
Development of thermal protection systems is one of the important engineering problems that should be solved at development of reusable space vehicles. Metal panels of thermal protection systems should consist of separate tiles with individual fastening to load-carrying structure of space vehicle, with surface density of not more than 10 kg/m2
, capable of withstanding multiple long flights and providing temperature lowering from 1100 o
C on the outer wall to 200 ?C on the inner wall. The work shows the results on development of the technology of vacuum diffusion welding of a three-layer honeycomb panel from experimental powder alloy YuIPM-1200. Technological samples of three-layer honeycomb panel were made from this alloy, and their testing was performed in the working temperature range. 7 Ref., 11 Figures.
thermal protection systems; metal three-layer panel, powder high-temperature alloy, vacuum diffusion welding, thermal cycling tests
- Tumino, G. (2002) European development and qualification status and challenges in hot structures and thermal protection systems for space transportation concepts. In: of 4th Europ. Workshop on Hot Structures and Thermal Protection Systems for Space Vehicles (Palermo, Italy, 26–29 Nov. 2002). Paris: Europ. Space Agency, 2003, 39–43.
- Potapov, A.M., Shevtsov, E.I., Tikhy, V.G. et al. Multilayer thermal protection system of reusable space vehicle. Pat. 91891 Ukraine. Cl. B64G 1/58, B64C 1/38, B64C 3/36. Fil. 25.11.2013. Publ. 25.07.2014.
- Skorokhod, V.V., Solntsev, V.P., Frolov, G.A. et al. Method of producing of heat-resistant nickel-chrome based alloy. Pat. 108096 Ukraine. Cl. C22C 19/05, B22F 3/16, B22F 3/12, B22F/00. Fil. 09.10.2012. Publ. 27.01.2014.
- Bitzer, T.N. (1997) Honeycomb technology. Materials, design, manufacturing, applications and testing. New York: Chapman & Hall.
- Baranova, L.V., Demina, E.L. (1986) Metallographic etching of metals and alloys: Refer. Book. Moscow: Metallurgiya.
- Qiuming Zhang, Xiaodong He. (2009) Microstructural evolution and mechanical properties of a nickel-based honeycomb sandwich. Materials Characterization, 60(3), 178–182. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matchar.2008.08.013
- Gorelik, S.S. (1978) Resolidification of metals and alloys. Moscow: Metallurgiya.