Avtomaticheskaya Svarka (Automatic Welding), #3, 2017, pp. 44-50
State-of-the-art and prospects of manufacturing welded tanks for oil storage in Ukraine (Review)
Yu.P. Barvinko, A.Yu. Barvinko, A.N. Yashnik and D.V. Tokarsky
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU
11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03680, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The critical analysis of rationality of the further construction of vertical welded tanks for oil storage of 20–50 thous. m3
capacity with the use of coiled sheet (blanks) panels is given. It is shown that the application of coiling method during erection of tanks of large capacity in 1970–1985 was largely dictated by the foreign economic circumstances. The production capacities for manufacture of coiled sheet panels, created in those years, continued to dictate the need for construction of coiled tanks also in the period of economic stability in the country. The drawbacks of coiled tanks and the proposed ways of their elimination are considered. After the collapse of the USSR the construction of tanks for oil storage of separate sheets began in the CIS countries. On the example of tanks with a protective wall the possibility of improving their reliability is shown applying the new steels of increased and high strength. The proposals for the constructive improvement of the separate elements of tanks of large capacity and the new grades of steels, recommended for them are given. 26 Ref., 1 Table, 5 Figures.
cylindrical tanks, coiled sheet panels, vertical site butts, low-cycle loading, restoration of wall serviceability, high-quality steels, sheet-by-sheet erection of wall
- Barvinko, A.Yu. et al. (2016) Application of sheet quality steel of higher strength in oil storage tanks. i Spets. Raboty v Stroitelstve, 1, 2–8.
- Biletsky, S.M., Golinko, V.M. (1983) Industrial manufacture of oversized welded sheet structures. Kiev: Naukova Dumka.
- Kupreishvili, S.M. (2013) Vertical cylindrical tanks with floating roofs. i Spets. Raboty v Stroitelstve, 2, 2–16.
- SNiP 2.09.03–85: Construction of industrial enterprises, 33.
- Barvinko, Yu.P., Golinko, V.M. (2009) To the 60th anniversary of industrial application of the technology of manufacturing cylindrical tanks from coiled blanks. The Paton Welding J., 2, 26–28.
- Barvinko, Yu.P., Barvinko, A.Yu., Kargin, A.Yu. (2006) Restoration of tanks for oil storage with walls from coiled blanks of 20 thous. m3 and 50 thous. m3 Montazhn. i Spets. Raboty v Stroitelstve, 10, 5–13.
- Barvinko, Yu.P., Barvinko, A.Yu. (2013) On possibility of application of coiled blanks in modern tank building. Ibid., 11, 2–7.
- DSTUB V.2.6-183.2011: Vertical cylindrical steel tanks for oil and oil products, 77.
- Biletsky, S.M. et al. (1992) Improvement of resistance to low-cycle fatigue of vertical welded butt walls of cylindrical tanks with angle deformations. Svarka, 7/8, 41–46.
- VSN 311–89: Assembly of vertical cylindrical steel tanks for storage of oil of 100 to 50000 m3 33–37, 60.
- GOST R 52910–2008: Vertical cylindrical steel tanks for oil and oil products, 52.
- (2007) API STANDARD 650: Welded steel tanks for storage of oil products, 410.
- Popovsky, B.V., Ritchik, G.A. (1986) Ensuring of geometric shape of coiled tank walls in zones of site welds. i Spets. Raboty v Stroitelstve, 11, 12–15.
- (1988) Operating rules of tanks and instructions for their repair. Moscow: Nedra.
- Makhnenko, V.I., Barvinko, A.Yu., Barvinko, Yu.P. et al. (2002) Estimation of stressed state of the wall of coiled vertical cylindrical tanks in welding-in of insert plates. The Paton Welding J., 5, 2–6.
- Kupreishvili, S.M. (2015) Oil production and state-of-the-art of modern tank building. i Spets. Raboty v Stroitelstve, 10, 2–11.
- Doroshenko, F.E. (2016) Problems of ensuring of geometric accuracy of vertical steel tank bodies. Ibid., 5, 2–7.
- Kupreishvili, S.M. (2016) Classical vertical cylindrical tank. i Spets. Raboty v Stroitelstve, 7, 2–11.
- Chernikov, O.P. et al. (2014) Modern tank building in Belarus Republic. Ibid., 12, 9–13.
- Barvinko, A.Yu., Barvinko, Yu.P. (2016) On possibility of prevention of avalanche fractures of wall of cylindrical tanks for oil storage using steel sheets with higher values of impact toughness. Diagnostika i Nerazruch. Kontrol, 2, 44–49. https://doi.org/10.15407/tdnk2016.02.05
- Poznyakov, V.D., Barvinko, A.Yu., Barvinko, Yu.P. et al. (2012) Cold resistance and lamellar fracture resistance of welded joints on steel 06GB-390. The Paton Welding J., 3, 35–39.
- TU U 27.1-05416923-085:2006: Sheet products being welded from quality steel of 355-590 strength classes for machine building. Term of validity 12-31–2016, 11.
- OST 26 291: Welded steel vessels and apparatuses. General specifications.
- TU 14-1-5065–2006. Modification 1. Thick plates of low-alloy steel of grades 09G2SYuch; 09G2SYuch-U; 09KhG2SYuch; 09KhG2SYuch-U.
- Typical project TP 704-1-70: Vertical cylindrical steel tank for oil and oil products of 20000 m3 Moscow: TsNII PSK, 1972.
- RD 16.01-60.30.00-KTN-026-1–04: Codes of design of vertical steel tanks for oil storage of 1000–50000 m3 Moscow.