Avtomaticheskaya Svarka (Automatic Welding), #6, 2017, pp. 35-39
Robotic welding of thin-walled parts by toptig method with welding mode monitoring system
E. Turyk1, L. Szubert1, S. Dudek2, V. Grobosz1
Institute of Welding ul. Bl. Czeslawa 16/18, 44-100, Gliwice, Poland. Е-mail: email@example.com
Pratt and Whitney ul. Hetmanska 120, 35-078, Rzeszow, Poland
The process of robotic TOPTIG welding of thin-walled T-joints and butt joints of nickel alloy Inconel 718 was developed. The welding installation TOPTIG 220 DC provides a wide range of adjusting the parameters in the process of non-consumable electrode inert gas welding with mechanized filler wire feed and possibility of robotizing welding in the places with a limited access to the weld zone. Based on the results of investigations of robotic TOPTIG welding, the technological features of making T-joints and butt joints of thin-walled parts of Inconel 718 alloy were determined. The measuring system of the installation provides registration of technological parameters of welding process, signaling about deviations from the preset values, formation of database on welding technologies and the possibility of their viewing. The carried out certification showed that the developed welding technology meets the requirements of standards ЕN ISO 15614-1 and ЕN ISO 15613. 7 Ref., 1 Table, 7 Figures.
robotic welding, TOPTIG method, thin-walled parts, heat-resisant nickel alloy Inconel 718, TOPTIG welding process monitoring
- (2010) TOPTIG: Innovative process of non-consumable electrode welding. LLC Air Liquide Welding Ukraine. Svarshchik, 5, 15–17.
- (2009) Technologies of joining for aerospace industry. Svarka, 8, 3–4.
- (2017) A new robot welding process for industry. Air Liquide Welding TOPTIG. https://www.oerlikon-welding.com
- EN ISO 15614-1: Specification and qualification of welding procedures for metallic materials: Welding procedure test. Part 1: Arc and gas welding of steels and arc welding of nickel and nickel alloys.
- EN ISO 15613: Specification and qualification of welding procedures for metallic materials: Qualification based on preproduction welding test.
- (2017) High Performance Alloys, Inc.: Inconel 718 description. www.hpalloy.com/Alloys/descriptions/INCONEL 718.aspx.
- (2014) TOPTIG DC safety instructions for operation and maintenance. Cat. No Air Liquide Welding, 3, 73.