Avtomaticheskaya Svarka (Automatic Welding), #6, 2017, pp. 54-59
Technology of robotic TIG welding of structure elements of stainless steels
L.M. Lobanov, E.V. Shapovalov, P.V. Goncharov, V.V. Dolinenko, A.N. Timoshenko and T.G. Skuba
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU
11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03680, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
An approach was proposed to create the technology for TIG welding of structure elements of complex geometric shapes of stainless steel using a adaptive robotic system, which allows adapting to changes in the surface shape of workpieces during welding process and minimizing the probability of arising the defected welded joints and temper colors on the workpiece surface. The technology of robotic non-consumable electrode welding of fillet joint of thin-sheet structure elements of stainless steel of AiSi 304, 210, 430 grades with a thickness of joined sheets from 0.8 to 1.5 mm was developed. The results of welding experiments showed that the developed algorithms of interaction between technical means of adaptation can be used in automatic control systems for TIG welding process. 5 Ref., 2 Tables, 10 Figures.
TIG welding, stainless steel, complex geometric shape, adaptive robotic system, fillet joints, thin-sheet structure
- Savinov, A.V., Lapin, I.E., Lysak, V.I. (2011) Non-consumable electrode arc welding. Moscow: Mashinostroenie.
- (2013) FANUC robotics SYSTEM R-30iB arc tool setup and operations manual. Doc. ID: MAROBAR8203131E, Rev. A., Version 8.20 series. FANUC Robotics America Corp.
- Slivinsky, A.A., Zhdanov, L.A., Korotenko, V.V. (2015) Thermal-physical peculiarities of gas-shielded pulse-arc welding using non-consumable electrode (Review). The Paton Welding J., 11, 24–30. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2015.11.03
- Timoshenko, A.N., Gvozdetsky, V.S., Lozovsky, V.P. (1978) Energy concentration on arc anode of non-consumable electrode. Svarka, 5, 68–70.
- Dudko, D.A., Shnajder, B.I., Pogrebitsky, D.M. (1977) Admissible gaps in pulse-arc welding of edge joints of small thickness metal. Proizvodstvo, 5, 27–31.