Avtomaticheskaya Svarka (Automatic Welding), #7, 2017, pp. 35-41
Development of technology of microplasma spraying for restoration of local damages of enamel coating
Yu.S. Borisov, S.G. Vojnarovich, A.N. Kislitsa, Ie.K. Kuzmych-Ianchuk, O.P. Masyuchok and S.N. Kalyuzhny
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU
11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03680, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
Fundamentals of microplasma spraying technology for restoration of local damages in enamel coatings of tank equipment were developed. A double-layer repair coating consisting of a layer of zirconium oxide and tantalum sublayer was proposed. The optimum parameters of microplasma spaying mode were determined in order to obtain a layer of zirconium oxide with dense microstructure (porosity 1.2–1.9 %). It is shown that application of tantalum-based sublayer increases adhesion strength of zirconium oxide coating by 25 % (up to 8.14±2.16 MPa). Evaluation of coating through porosity was carried out. A method was proposed for increase of coating uniformity using epoxy-resin treatment. The technology was approved under real production conditions at CJSC «Kharkovreakhim». 15 Ref., 1 Table, 6 Figures.
microplasma spraying, enamel coatings, restoration, adhesion strength, zirconium oxide, tantalum, coating permeability
- (1972) Enameling of metallic products. Ed. by V.V. Vargina. Leningrad: Mashinostroenie.
- Petzold, A. (1990) Enamel and enameling: Refer. Book. Moscow: Metallurgiya.
- Lobanov, L.M., Maksimovich, B.I., Neiesa, I.V. (1991) Materials, equipment and technology of deposition of corrosion-resistant coatings on steel metallic structures. In: Strengthening and protection of surfaces by thermal and vacuum deposition: Transact. Kiev, 104–107.
- Lyublinsky, E.Ya. (1991) Thermal coatings in shipbuilding. Strengthening and protection of surfaces by thermal and vacuum spraying. In: of 3rd Int. Sci.-Techn. Conf. Kiev, 154–159.
- Morozov, V.N., Narkevich, N.K., Tretyakova, I.A. et al. (1993) Method of repair of damaged glass-enamel coatings. USSR author’s cert. 1813796. Int. Cl. C 23 D 13/02.
- Kudinov, V.V., Ivanov, V.M. (1981) Plasma deposition of refractory coatings. Moscow: Mashinostroenie.
- Berzynsh, I.A., Zelenkevich, O.A., Zozulya, A.I. et al. (1980) Application of plasma spraying in repair of enameled equipment at SPA Biokhimreaktiv. Teoriya i Praktika Gazotermicheskogo Naneseniya Pokrytij, 2, 118–120.
- Kupriyanov, I.L., Korotkina, M.G., Verstak, A.A. (1983) Study of protective properties of composite coatings for agricultural machine parts. In: of Pap. of Sci.-Techn. Conf. on New Corrosion-Resistant Metallic Alloys, Nonmetallic and Composite Materials and Coatings. Kiev, 45–46.
- Byoungchul Hwang, Ahn Jeehoon, Lee Sunghak (2002) Correlation of microstructure and wear resistance of ferrous coatings fabricated by atmospheric plasma spraying. and Mater. Transact. A, 33(9), 2933–2945. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11661-002-0278-z
- Kolotyrkin, V.I., Knyazheva, V.M. (1991) Possibilities of high-energy treatment methods of metals surface for corrosion protection. Zashchita Metallov, 27(2), 179–196.
- Safonova, A.A., Kramarenko, D.M., Eseleva, L.I. (1985) Application of metallized-polymer coatings for corrosion protection of metallic structures of equipment in domestic and foreign practice. Moscow: Mintsvetmet SSSR.
- Verenkova, E.M., Trofimov, M.G., Frolov, A.S. et al. (1966) Heat-resistant electrically insulating ceramic materials and coatings. In: of 3rd Sem. on Temperature-Resistant Protective Coatings, Leningrad, 215–222.
- Reutovich, S.S., Shilova, O.A., Khamova, T.V. et al. (2001) Producing of protective heat-resistant material by method of electric arc plasma spraying using glass-ceramic powder materials. In: Temperature-resistant functional coatings: Book, 219–222.
- Borisov, Yu., Borisova, A., Pereverzev, Yu. et al. (1997) Microplasma spraying. In: of the 5th Europ. Conf. on Advanced Materials and Processes, Netherlands.
- Borisov, Yu.S., Borisova, A.L. (1986) Plasma powder coatings. Kiev: Tekhnika.