Avtomaticheskaya Svarka (Automatic Welding), #8, 2017, pp. 61-67
Current achievements in radiation testing (Review)
, S.R. Mikhailov2
and R.O. Pastovensky1
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU
11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03680, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
NTUU «Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute»
37 Pobedy Str., 03056, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
A paper studies a prospective method for receiving a digital image on results of radiation testing without intermediate data carriers. Advantages of flash-radiography were analyzed, namely high productivity, low cost, possibility of on-line multiangle monitoring of welded joint internal defects; absence of intermediate data carriers. Comparison of main methods of digital image receiving was carried out. New radiation testing technology based on small-size semi-conductor detectors, named X-ray mini technology, was proposed. 24 Ref., 4 Figures.
non-destructive testing, flash-radiography, digital image, X-ray TV system, scintillator, solid-state detector, internal defects of welded joints, X-ray minitechnology
- Troitskii, V.A., Mikhailov, S.R., Pastovensky, R.A. et al. (2015) Modern Systems Of Radiation Non-destructive Testing. Tekh. Diagnost. i Nerazrush. Kontrol, 1, 23–35. https://doi.org/10.15407/tdnk2015.01.03
- Troitsky, V.A. (2013) Flash-radiography. Territoriya NDT, 4, 44–49.
- Grudsky, A.Ya., Velichko, V.Ya. (2011) Digitizing of radiographs it is not so simple. V Mire Nerazrush. Kontrolya, 4, 74–76.
- Tsvetkova, N.K., Novitskaya, K.A., Kologov, A.V. et al. (2014) Peculiarities of application of digital radiography complexes in nondestructive testing of bodies production. Tekhnologiya Mashinostroeniya, 7, 47–50.
- Stepanov, A.V., Lozhkova, D.S., Kosarina, E.S. (2010) Computer radiography: Results of practical examinations for potential replacement of film technologies. Moscow: VIAM.
- Sosnin, V.V. (2008) Book 1: Visual and measuring control. Book 2: Radiation control. Ed. by F.R. Klyuev. In: Nondestructive testing: Refer. Book, Vol. 1. Moscow: Mashinostroenie.
- Varlamov, A.N. (2014) Experience of operation of digital radiography complex in field conditions. V Mire Nerazrush. Kontrolya, 3, 25–28.
- Troitskiy, V. (2016) Quick industrial X-ray testing without intermediate data carriers of information. The NDT Technician, 4, 15.
- Zscherpel, U., Ewert, U., Bavendiek, K. (2007) Possibilities and limits of digital industrial radiology: The new high contrast sensitivity technique — Examples and system theoretical analysis. In: of Int. Symp. on Digital Industrial Radiology and Computed Tomography — DIR 2007 (June 25–27, Lyon, France).
- Majorov, A.A. (2009) Digital technologies in radiation testing. V Mire Nerazrush. Kontrolya, 3, 5–12.
- Kokkoori, S., Wrobel, N., Hohendorf, S. et al. (2015) Mobile high-energy X-ray radiography for NDT of cargo containers. Materials Evaluation, 73(2), 175–185.
- Troitsky, V.A. (2015) New possibilities of radiation control of quality of welded joints. The Paton Welding J., 7, 51–55. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2015.07.09
- Liang, L. (2016) The relationship study between penetration thickness ratio and an imaging length in digital radiography. In: of 19th World Conf. on Non-Destructive Testing (13–17 June, Munich, Germany).
- Vieyra, M. (2016) Development of a tangential neutron radiography system for monitoring the fatigue cracks in hydrogen fuel tanks. In: Ibid.
- Yatsenko, S.Ya., Kokorovets, Yu.Ya., Lozenko, A.P. et al. (2015) «Poliscan» X-ray Tv Systems. Tekh. Diagnost. i Nerazrush. Kontrol, 1, 60–62. https://doi.org/10.15407/tdnk2015.01.08
- Majorov, A.A. (2007) X-ray television in industrial NDT. V Mire Nerazrush. Kontrolya, 35(1), 4–9.
- Shilo, D.S., Mikhajlov, S.R., Pisarenko, L.D. (2016) Quantum efficiency of detection of digital X-ray television systems on the basis of scintillation screens and CCD matrices. Kontrol i Diagnostika, 4, 25–37.
- Troitskii, V.A., Mikhajlov, S.R., Pastovensky, R.O. (2017) X-ray Mini Testing Technology Based On Solid Plane-parallel Detectors. Tekh. Diagnost. i Nerazrush. Kontrol, 1, 25–29. https://doi.org/10.15407/tdnk2017.01.04
- Troitsky, V.A., Mikhajlov, S.R., Bukhensky, V.N. et al. (2014) Flash-radiography of NPP objects on the basis of flat panel detectors. NK-Inform, 63(3), 6–14.
- Troitsky, V.O., Karmanov, M.M., Mikhajlov, S.R. et al. (2016) Device for X-ray television control. Utility model pat. 111974, Ukraine.
- Troitsky, V.O. (2017) Method of X-ray television control of welded joints. Utility model pat. 113257, Ukraine.