Avtomaticheskaya Svarka (Automatic Welding), № 3, 2018, pp. 43-47
E. A. Panteleymonov
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine.
11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine.
To the issue of heat treatment
of welded butts of rails
The features of design of inductors with magnetic conductors are given, applied in a portable module for heat treatment of welded butts of rails produced by flash-butt welding. It is shown that the shape of the inducing wire of inductors, the location of magnetic conductors relative to the rail and the technology of induction heating by currents of 2.4 kHz frequency provide a uniform distribution of the temperature field in welded butt, low temperature difference between the surface and deep layers of the rail, and also a decrease in the heating time. As a result of heat treatment of welded butts of rails R65 of steel K76F and rails of UIC 60 of steel 900A on a portable module of the E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, the microstructure of metal of welded butts changes significantly, the hardness HRC
is uniformly distributed over the width of HAZ, the deviation of hardness HRC
from the level of base metal decreases. 7 Ref., 2 Tabl., 6 Fig.
: rails, welded butts, heat treatment, inductors, microstructure, hardness
- Genkin, I.Z. (2003) Heat treatment of rail welded joints in induction units. The Paton Welding J., 9, 38-41.
- Nesterov, D.K., Sapozhkov, V.E., Levchenko N.F. et al. (1990) Heat treatment of rail steel using induction heating. Metallovedenie i Term. Obrabotka Metallov, 8, 30-34 [in Russian].
- Feshchukov, A.N. (2016) System for heat treatment of rail welded joints in track conditions. Pat. 57752 RF, Int. Cl. E01B31/18 [in Russian].
- Rezanov, V.A., Fedin, V.M., Bashlykov, A.V. et al. (2013) Differentiated hardening of rail welded joints. Vestnik VNIIZHT, 2, 28-33 [in Russian].
- Fedin, V.M., Zeman, S.K., Borts, A.I., Nikolin, A.I. (2005) Development of new technological equipment for restoration of used rails. Ibid., 4, 22-25 [in Russian].
- Panteleymonov, S.O. Complex for heat treatment of rail welded joints in track conditions. Pat. 114593 Ukraine, Int. Cl. E01B31/18; 10.03.2017 [in Ukrainian].
- Panteleymonov, E.A., Gubatyuk, R.S. (2016) Induction device for heat treatment of welded joints of railway rails. The Paton Welding J., 9, 41-43. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2016.10.08