Avtomaticheskaya Svarka (Automatic Welding), № 3, 2018, pp. 38-42
Yu.M. Kuskov, V.G. Solovjev, P.P. Osechkov, V.V. Osin
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine.
11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03150, Kyiv.
Electroslag surfacing with large section
electrode at direct current in a
The influence of different circuits of electrode connection to one or two d.c. power sources on base metal penetration was studied at electroslag surfacing of end faces. It is established that circuits of electrode connection both to one and to two d.c. power sources can be applied to produce a minimum and uniform penetration. Reduction of the distance of the processed surface (electrode end face) relative to the current-conducting section of the current-supplying mould leads to increase of deposition efficiency and to reduction of the specific power consumption. 12 Ref., 1 Tabl., 3 Fig.
: electroslag surfacing of end faces, large section electrode, current-supplying mould, d.c. power sources, deposited surface, base metal penetration
- (1976) Electroslag furnaces. Ed. by B.E. Paton et al. Kiev, Naukova Dumka [in Russian].
- (1980) Electroslag welding and surfacing. Ed. by B.E. Paton. Moscow, Mashinostroenie [in Russian].
- (1982) Electroslag technology abroad. Ed. by B.E. Paton et al. Kiev, Naukova Dumka [in Russian].
- Chen, Ch.S., Gao, R.F. (1989) Investigation of electroslag remelting in composite mold with lined upper section. Problemy Spets. Elektrometallurgii, 4, 42-47 [in Russian].
- Latash, Yu.V., Matyakh, V.N. (1987) Modern methods of production of especially high quality ingots. Ed. by B.E. Paton et al. Kiev, Naukova Dumka [in Russian].
- Mironov, Yu.M. (2002) Effect of current type on processes in electroslag installations. Elektrometallurgiya, 4, 25-32 [in Russian].
- (1986) Metallurgy of electroslag process. Ed. by B.E. Paton et al. Kiev, Naukova Dumka [in Russian].
- Kuskov, Yu.M., Soloviov, V.G., Zhdanov, V.A. (2017) Electroslag surfacing of end faces with large-section electrode in current-supplying mould. The Paton Welding J., 12, 29-32. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2017.12.05
- Kuskov, Yu.M., Soloviov, V.G., Osechkov, P.P., Osin, V.V. (2018) Electroslag surfacing of billet end faces with application of consumable and nonconsumable electrodes. Ibid., 2, 38-41.
- Dudko, D.A., Rublevsky, I.N. (1958) Effect of current type and polarity on metallurgical processes in electroslag welding. Svarka, 3, 69-78 [in Russian].
- Ksyondzyk, G.V. (1975) Current-supplying mold providing rotation of slag pool. Elektrometallurgiya, 27, 32-40 [in Russian].