“The Paton Welding Journal” #08_2023 will be freely distributed from 11 to 15 September during the exhibition SCHWEISSEN & SCHNEIDEN 2023, Messe Essen, Norbertstrasse 2, Essen, Germany at the stand of the Paton Welding Institute: Hall 8 Stand 8B29.1.
You can also order this issue of the Journal in electronic form for free.
Send applications to E-mail: email@example.com
Contents of the issue
Technological products are undergoing a continuous evolution, which, in many cases, require new materials and material combinations. In turn, these novel material concepts require their own special joining technology. Although classical joining methods can frequently be adapted, there are often drawbacks connected with these adaptions. Novel joining processes, such as Laser Beam Welding in Vacuum, MIG-Brazing of aluminium to steel or novel technologies for bonding steel to fiber-reinforced plastics aim at overcoming existing price or design limits and also at providing engineers with new possibilities for challenging future products. 7 Ref., 16 Fig.
1. Reisgen, U., Olschok, S., Turner, C. (2017) Welding of thick plate copper with laser beam welding under vacuum. J. of Laser Applications, 29, 022402; https://doi.org/10.2351/1.4983165 2. Reisgen, U., Olschok, S., Holtum, N. (2018) Influencing the electrical properties of laser beam vacuum-welded Cu-Al mixed joints. In: Proc. of 37th Int. Congress on Applications of Lasers & Electro-Optic, ICALEO (October 14-18, 2018, Orlando, FL, USA); paper 202. Laser Institute of America (LIA), Orlando, FL, USA.
3. Angerhausen, M., Reisgen, U., Geffers, C., Pipinikas, A., Barthelmie, J., Wesling, V. (2016) New opportunities of thermal joining by using zinc- and copper-based brazing materials for modern car manufacturing. In: Proc. of 36th FISITA World Automotive Congress (September 26-30, 2016, Busan, South Korea), F2016-MFMG-002.
4. Angerhausen, M., Reisgen, U. (2015) Method for producing a bonded joint, and structural element. Rheinisch-Westfälische Technische Hochschule Aachen, RWTH Inventor: 26.11.2015DE, WO002015149756A3.
5. Lotte, J., Reisgen, U., Schiebahn, A. (2015) Smart multi material joint – hybrid joint of steel and FRP. Mat. Sci. Forum, 825-826, 314-318; Trans. Tech. Publications, Switzerland, https://doi.org/10.4028/www.scientific.net/MSF.825-826.314.
6. Reisgen, U., Lotte, J. Hybrid components can be welded, Produktion NRW, Cluster Maschinenbau/Produktionstechnik, 28-29, VDMA Publishing. D-Redaktion, Oberndorf.
7. Reisgen, U., Willms, K., Schäfer, J., Hegger, J., Claassen, M., Feldmann, M., Kopp, M. (2015) Small-scale pin structures: Requirement for a multi material joint CWA. J. de l’ACS, 11(5), 52-61. Canadian Welding Ass., Milton, Ontario, Canada.