“The Paton Welding Journal” #08_2023 will be freely distributed from 11 to 15 September during the exhibition SCHWEISSEN & SCHNEIDEN 2023, Messe Essen, Norbertstrasse 2, Essen, Germany at the stand of the Paton Welding Institute: Hall 8 Stand 8B29.1.
You can also order this issue of the Journal in electronic form for free.
Send applications to E-mail: email@example.com
Contents of the issue
Avtomaticheskaya Svarka (Automatic Welding), #4, 2019, pp. 15-24
Calculation of thermal fields in process of joining of aluminum plates through intermediate layers at local heating of joint zone
M.V. Kulinich1, T.V. Zaporozhets2, A.M. Gusak2 and A.I. Ustinov1
1E. O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine, 11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03150, Kyiv.
2Bogdan Khmelnytsky National University of Cherkassy, 81 Shevchenko ave., 18000, Cherkassy.
The work presents the results of numerical modelling of thermal fields in zone of joining of aluminum plates through intermediate layers in process of local heating of joining zone by flat heater, contacting with one of the plates. The layers consisting of solder alloy, multilayer reactive foil or layers of both types were considered as an intermediate layer. The calculation was carried out considering thermal-physical characteristics of the plate material, intermediate layer and heater, consisting of the multilayer reaction foils, in which a reaction of self-propagating high-temperature synthesis is accompanied by intensive heat emission. There were studied the conditions of local heating of the aluminum plates necessary for obtaining the permanent joints in the process of their soldering or welding through intermediate layer. 14 Ref., 1 Tabl., 11 Fig.
Keywords: soldering, welding, aluminum alloys, solder alloy, multilayer foil, local heating, permanent joint
1. Ishchenko, A.Ya. (2004) Specifics in application of aluminium high-strength alloys for welded structures. The Paton Welding J., 9, 15-25.
2. Krivtsun, I.V., Kvasnytsky, V.V., Maksymov, S.Yu., Ermolaev, G.V. (2017) Special methods of welding. Ed. by B.E. Paton. Mykolaiv, NUK [in Ukrainian].
3. Ishchenko, A.Ya. (2002) Investigation and development of the technology of light alloy welding at the PWI. The Paton Welding J., 12, 25-26.
4. Subramanian, J.S., Rodgers, P., Newson, J. (2005) Room temperature soldering of microelectronic components for enhanced thermal performance. In: Proc. of 6th. Int. Conf. on Thermal, Mechanical and Multiphysics Simulation and Experiments in Micro-Electronics and Micro-Systems «EuroSimE». Berlin, 681-686. https://doi.org/10.1109/ESIME.2005.1502888 5. Ramos, A.S., Vieira, M.T., Simões, S. et al. (2010) Reactionassisted diffusion bonding of advanced materials. Defect and Diffusion Forum. 297-301, 972-977. https://doi.org/10.4028/www.scientific.net/DDF.297-301.972 6. Weihs, T., Barmak, K., Coffey, K. (2014) Fabrication and characterization of reactive multilayer films and foils. Metallic Films for Electronic, Optical and Magnetic Applications: Structure, Processing and Properties, 40, 160-243. https://doi.org/10.1533/9780857096296.1.160 7. Seshadri, R. (2000) Centrifugal casting of metals and ceramics using thermite reactions. Metals Materials and Processes, 12, 233-240.
8. Kravtchuk, M.V., Ustinov, A.I. (2015) Influence of thermodynamic and structural parameters of multilayer foils on SHS process characteristics. The Paton Welding J., 8, 8-13. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2015.08.02 9. Knepper, R., Snyder, M., Fritz, G. et al. (2009) Effect of varying bilayer spacing distribution on reaction heat and velocity in reactive Al/Ni multilayers. J. of Applied Physics, 105, 083504-1-083504-9. https://doi.org/10.1063/1.3087490 10. Zaporozhets, T.V., Gusak, A.M., Ustinov, A.I. (2010) Modeling of stationary mode of SHS reaction in nanolayer materials (phenomenological model). 1. Single-stage reaction. Sovrem. Elektrometall., 1, 40-46 [in Russian].
11. Kulinich, M.V., Bezpalchuk, V.M., Kosintsev, S.G. et al. (2018) Calculation-experimental investigation of thermal fields in the process of nonstationary soldering. The Paton Welding J., 1, 14-19. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2018.01.03 12. Zaporozhets, T.V., Korol, Ya.D. (2016) Approach of inverse problem for prediction of characteristics of self-propagating high-temperature synthesis in multilayer foils taking into account competitive phase formation. Metallofiz. i Novejshie Tekhnologii, 38(11), 1541-1560 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.15407/mfint.38.11.1541 13. Umansky, Ya.S., Finkelshtejn, B.N. et al. (1958) Physical metals science. Moscow, Metallurgizdat [in Russian].
14. Ustinov, A.I., Kuzmenko, D.N., Kravchuk, M.V., Korol, Ya.D. (2015) Initiation of thermal explosion in Ti/Al nanofoils. Int. J. of SHS, 24(2), 72-77. https://doi.org/10.3103/S1061386215020090