Avtomaticheskaya Svarka (Automatic Welding), #8, 2019, pp. 42-52
Prospects of application of electromagnetic fields in welding and related processes
L.M. Lobanov1, M.O. Pashchin1, O.V. Cherkashyn1, О.L. Mikhoduy1, I.P. Kondratenko2, O.M. Sizonenko3
E.O.Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine.
11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
Institute of Elecrodynamics of the NAS of Ukraine. 56 Pobedy Ave. 03057, Kyiv of the NAS of Ukraine, Ukraine.
Institute of pulse processes and technologies of the NAS of Ukraine. 43a Bohoyavlensky Ave., 54018, Mykolayiv, Ukraine. Е-mаіl: offiсе.іірt@nas.gov.ua
Development and introduction of new energy-saving technologies meets the modern demands of Ukraine. In the paper background, current state and directions of development of studying the influence of electromagnetic fields on mechanical properties and the stressed state of metal materials and welded joints are considered. The possibility of their application for control of the stressed state, the evolution of structure, properties, elongation of the life of welded structures is shown. 49 Ref.
Keywords: electromagnetic treatment technologies, electromagnetic fields, welded joints, structures, metal materials, pulsed sparks and current discharges, electroplastic effect, stress-strain state, nanodispersed modifiers
1. Razmyshlyaev, A.D., Ageeva, M.V. (2018) On mechanism of weld metal refining in arc welding under action of magnetic fields (Review). The Paton Welding J., 3, 25-28. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2018.03.05
2. Dubodelov, V.I., Goryuk, M.S. (2018) Application of electromagnetic fields and magnetohydrodynamic phenomena for intensification of effect on metal systems: World and Ukrainian experience. In: Materials science: Achievements and perspectives. In: 2 Vol. Vol. 2. Kyiv, Akademperiodyka, 24-50 [in Ukrainian].
3. Opara, V.S., Reznikov, L.Ya., Onatskaya, N.A., Demidenko, L.Yu. (1998) Electrohydropulsed treatment as a universal and effective method for improvement of service characteristics of metal structures with technological stresses. Tyazholoe Mashinostroenie, 10, 7-9 [in Russian].
4. Khromov, V.N., Kuznetsov, I.S., Petrashov, A.S. (2009) Electrospark machining of surfaces of parts for producing wear-resistant volume nanostructural coatings on cutting parts of farming machines. Vestnik OrelGAU, 1, 6-8 [in Russian].
5. Uzlov, I.G. (2003) Advanced processes of production and quality of railway wheels. Stal, 5, 69-72 [in Russian].
6. Volkogon, V.M., Avramchuk, S.K., Strilets, E.V. (2005) Formation of strengthening coatings under action of highpower electric discharge. In: Proc. of 5th Int. Sci.-Techn. Conf. on Surface Engineering and Renovation of Products (Yalta, 21-24 May, 2005), 48-51.
7. Baranov, Yu.V., Troitsky, O.A., Avramov, Yu.S. (2001) Physical principles of electropulse and electroplastic treatment and new materials. Moscow, MGIU [in Russian].
8. Stepanov, G.V., Babutsky, A.I., Mameev, I.A. (2004) Nonstanionary stress-strain state in long rod, caused by pulse electric current of high density. Problemy Prochnosti, 4, 60-67 [in Russian].
9. Strizhalo, V.A., Novogrudsky, L.S., Vorobiov, E.V. (2008) Strength of materials at cryogenic temperatures taking into account the effect of electromagnetic fields. Kiev, IPS [in Russian].
10. Zuev, L.B., Gromov, V.E., Gurevich, L.I. (1990) Effect of electric current pulses on dislocation mobility in single crystals Zn. Metallofizika, 12(4), 11-15 [in Russian].
11. Okazaki, K., Kagana, M., Conrad, H. (1979) Evaluation of the contour, of skin, pinch and heating to the electroplastic effect in titanium. Ibid., 13, 473-500.
12. Braunovic, M. (1986) The effect of electric current on the stress relaxation of aluminium wire conditions. Strength Metals and Alloys (ICSMA 7), Oxford, 1, 619-624. https://doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-08-031642-0.50109-4
13. Gromov, V.E. (1989) On mechanisms of electroplastic effect in metals. Izv. Vuzov, Chyorn. Metallurgiya, 10, 71-75 [in Russian].
14. Beklemishev, N.N., Koryagin, N.I., Shapiro, G.S. (1984) Effect of local heterogeneous pulsed electromagnetic field on plasticity and strength of conducting materials. Izv. AN SSSR. Metally, 4, 184-187 [in Russian].
15. Stepanov, G.V., Babutsky, A.I., Mameev, I.A., Olisov, A.N. (2006) Analysis of process of tensile stress relaxation under electric current effect. Problemy Prochnosti, 1, 116-127 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11223-006-0019-4
16. Troitsky, O.A., Kalymbetov, P.U. (1981) Dependence of electroplastic effect in zinc on duration of separate pulses. Fizika Metallov i Metallovedenie, 51(5), 1056-1059 [in Russian].
17. Strizhalo, V.A., Novogrudsky, L.S. (1997) Determination of energy of electroplastic deformation of metals. Problemy Prochnosti, 4, 38-43 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02767818
18. Strizhalo, V.A., Vorobiov, E.V. (2003) Stepwise deformation of metal under conditions of effect of pulsed magnetic field and cryogenic temperatures. Ibid., 1, 137-142 [in Russian].
19. Vorobiov, E.V., Anpilogova, T.V. (2007) Instability of deformation and strength of structural alloys under conditions of stress concentration and cryogenic temperatures. Ibid., 2, 153-156 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11223-007-0028-y
20. Dolgin, A.M., Natsik, V.D. (1991) Criteria of instability and kinetics of jumps under unstable low temperature plastic flow. Acta Univ. Carol. Math. and Phys., 32(1), 77-78.
21. Liping Ma, Wenxiang Zhao, Zhiqiang Liang et al. (2014) An investigation on the mechanical property changing mechanism of high speed steel by pulsed magnetic treatment. Mater. Sci. & Engin., A609, 16-25. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.msea.2014.04.100
22. Batainen, O., Klamecki, B., Koepke, B. (2003) Effect of pulsed magnetic treatment on drill wear. J. Mater. Process. Tech., 134, 190-196. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0924-0136(02)01002-6
23. Babutsky, A., Chrysanthou, A., Ioannou, J. (2009) Influence of pulsed electric treatment on corrosion of structural metals. Strength of Materials, 4, 387-391. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11223-009-9142-3
24. Semashko, N.A., Krupsky, R.F., Kupov, A.V. (2004) Acoustic emission in electropulsed deformation of titanium alloys. Materialovedenie, 7, 29-33 [in Russian].
25. Semakin, E.V., Chirakidze, D.Z., Tsellermayer, V.Ya. (1997) Electric simulation restoration of service life of welded joints: Experiment and model. Izv. Vuzov, Chyorn. Metallurgiya, 6, 48-51 [in Russian].
26. Baranov, Yu.V. (2003) Formation of defects and healing of defects in metallic materials by pulsed electric current. In: Proc. of Int. Sci.-Pract. Conf. on Effect of Electromagnetic Fields on Plasticity and Strength of Materials (Voronezh), 17-12.
27. Jaewoong Jang, Yang Ju, Yasuyki Morita, Yuki Toku (2016) Effect of pulsed electric current on the growth behavior of fatigue crack in Al alloy. In: Proc. of 21st Europ. Conf. on Fracture, ECF21 (20-24 June 2016, Catania, Italy), 2889-2993. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.prostr.2016.06.374
28. Stepanov, G.V., Babutsky, A.I. (2007) Modeling of stress relaxation under effect of pulsed electric current of high density. Problemy Prochnosti, 2, 113-120 [in Russian].
29. Stepanov, G.V., Babutsky, A.I., Mameev, I.A. et al. (2011) Redistribution of residual welding stresses as a result of treatment by pulsed electromagnetic field. Ibid., 123-131 [in Russian].
30. Yanli Song, Lin Hua (2012) Mechanism of residual stress reduction in low alloy steel by a low frequency alternating magnetic treatment. J. Mater. Sci. Technol. 28(9), 803-808. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1005-0302(12)60134-0
31. Tsaryuk, A.K., Skulsky, V.Yu., Moravetsky, S.I.,Sokirko, V.A. (2008) Change of mechanical properties of welded joints of carbon and low-alloy steels under influence of electromagnetic effects. The Paton Welding J., 7, 27-30.
32. Shao Quan, Kang Jiajie, Xing Zhiguo et al. (2019) Effect of pulsed magnetic field treatment on the residual stress of 20Cr2Ni4A steel. J. of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, 476, 218-224. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmmm.2018.12.105
33. Tsaryuk, A.K., Skulsky, V.Yu., Moravetsky, S.I., Sokirko, V.A. (2008) Influence of electromagnetic treatment on residual welding stresses in welded joints of carbon and lowalloyed steels. The Paton Welding J., 9, 22-25.
34. Lobanov, L., Pivtorak, V., Pashchin, N. et al. (2014) Application of local current pulses for determination and control of residual stresses. Advanced Mater. Research, 996, 386-391. https://doi.org/10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMR.996.386
35. Gnatov, A.V. (2012) Magnetic pulsed technologies for contact-less dressing of hull components of transport vehicles. Maukovyi Visnyk KhDMA, 7(2), 108-114 [in Russian].
36. Hodowant, J., Ravichndram, G., Rosakis, P, (2000) Partition of plastic work into heat and stored energy in metal. Exp. Mech., 40(2), 113-123. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02325036
37. Alshits, V.I., Dariinskaya, E.V., Legenkov, M.A., Morozov, V.A. (1999) Dislocation mobility in NaCl crystals under combined impact of mechanical and electromagnetic pulses, formed by electron beam. Fizika Tvyordogo Tela, 41(11), 2004-2006 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.1134/1.1131110
38. Gromov, V.E., Gurevich, L.I., Kurilov, V.F., Erilova, T.V. (1989) Effect of current pulses on mobility and multiplication of dislocations in Zn. Problemy Prochnosti, 10, 48-53 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01529261
39. Lobanov, L.M., Pashchin, N.A., Loginov, V.P, Poklyatsky, A.G. (2010) Effect of electric pulsed treatment on residual forming of thin sheet welded structures (Review). Ibid., 3, 13-17 [in Russian].
40. Lobanov, L.M., Pashchin, N.A., Loginov, V.P., Skulsky, V.Yu. (2005) Effect of electrodynamic treatment on stress-strain state of heat-resistant steels. Ibid., 5, 13-17 [in Russian].
41. Lobanov, L.M., Kondratenko, I.P., Zhiltsov, A.V., Mikhodui, O.L. (2018) Development of post-weld electrodynamic treatment using electric current pulses for control of stressstrain states and improvement of life of welded structures. Materials Performance and Characterization, 7, Issue 4, https://doi.org/10.1520/MPC20170092
42. Lobanov, L.M., Kondratenko, I.P., Zhiltsov, A.V. et al. (2016) Nonstationary electrophysical processes in systems for reduction of residual stresses in welded joints. Tekhnichna Elektrodynamika, 6, 10-19 [in Ukrainian].
43. Kondratenko, I.P., Zhiltsov, A.V., Pashchin, M.O., Vasyuk, V.V. (2017) Selection of parameters of electromechanical converter of induction type for electrodynamic treatment of welded joints. Ibid., 5, 83-88 [in Ukrainian].
44. Lobanov, L.M., Pashchin, M.O., Mikhoduj, O.L. et al. (2017) Effect of impact action of electrode-indentor on stress-strain state of AMg6 alloy in electrodynamic treatment. Problemy Prochnosti, 3, 30-42 [in Ukrainian].
45. Lobanov, L.M., Pashchin, M.O., Pivtorak, V.A., Volkov, S.S. (2015) Method of removal of residual stresses and strains of welded joints. Ukraine Pat. 110273 [in Ukrainian].
46. Dubodelov, V.I., Serednenko, O.V., Zatulovsky, A.S., Serednenko, V.O. (2018) Improvement of properties of aluminium alloys by action of constant magnetic field on melt at the solidification. Metaloznavstvo ta Obrobka Metaliv, 4, 3-8 [in Ukrainian].
47. Sizonenko, O.N., Lipyan, E.V., Torpakov, A.S. (2015) To problem of parameter optimization by high-voltage pulsed treatment. Naukovi Notatky, 50, 203-207 [in Russian].
48. Zajchenko, A.D., Zhdanov, O.O., Torpakov, A.S., Syzonenko, O.M. (2018) Influence of high-dispersed modifier on structure and properties of SM88U nickel alloy. Metaloznavstvo ta Obrobka Metaliv, 4, 55-57 [in Ukrainian].
49. Serhienko, R.A., Verkhovlyuk, A.M. (2018) Treatment of cast alloys by metallic nanoparticles. In: Materials science: Achievements and perspectives. In: 2 Vol. Vol. 2. Kyiv, Akademperiodyka, 88-103 [in Ukrainian].