Avtomatichne Zvaryuvannya (Automatic Welding), #11, 2019, pp.16-23
Dynamics of thermal processes in welding sheet low-alloyed steel
R.A. Krektuleva, Yu.N. Saraev, V.M. Semenchuk, R.O. Cherepanov
Institute of Strength Physics and Materials Science of SB RAS, 3/4 Akademichesky Ave., 634050, Tomsk, RF
Numerical modeling of thermal processes in weld pool formation in low-alloyed steel under the impact of the electric arc was performed. Different arcing modes are considered. A qualitative difference in propagation and dissipation of thermal energy is found, depending on the modes. Mechanisms of self-organization of thermal structures were studied, which are due to highly non-linear thermophysical properties of low-alloyed steel, modes of thermal energy feeding into the weld pool and features of its dissipation on the boundaries. The validity of the numerical model is confirmed experimentally, that allows recommending the results of computer studies for practical application. 14 Ref., 7 Fig.
Keywords: weld, contact zone, heat flow, non-linearity of thermophysical properties, synergism, self-organization, internal
1. Kalyuzhny, V.V. (1992) Copper backing. USSR Pat. 1745489, Int. Cl. B23K37/06, No. 4799796/08 [in Russian].
2. Chan Tuan An (1996) Formation of weld root in one-sided welding of butt joints using copper backings: Syn. Of Thesis for Cand. of Techn. Sci. Degree. Kiev [in Russian].
3. Atroshchenko, V.V., Bychkov, V.M., Nikiforov, R.V. et al. (2012) Numerical modeling of penetration shape in consumable electrode argon-arc welding on copper backing. Vestnik Ufimskogo GATU, 16, 53(8), 89-93 [in Russian].
4. Nikolis, G., Prigogine, I. (1977) Self-organization in Nonequilibrium systems: From dissipative structures to order through fluctuations. New York, John Wiley.
5. Zuev, I.V., Galkin, A.G., Bushma, V.O. (1995) Self-organisation in certain processes of welding and processing materials. J. of Advanced Materials, B2, 70-74.
6. Saraev, Yu.N., Lunev, A.G., Kiselev, A.S. et al. (2018) Complex for investigation of arc welding processes. The Paton Welding J., 8, 13-21. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2018.08.03
7. Lebedev, V.A. (2015) Mechanized and automatic synergic welding with pulsed electrode wire feed. Welding Int., 29(2), 140-144. https://doi.org/10.1080/09507116.2014.897806
8. Starke, G., Hahn, D., Diana G. et al. (2016) Self-organizatiom and self-coordination in welding automation with collaborating teams of industrial robots. Machines, 4, 23. https://doi.org/10.3390/machines4040023
9. Efimenko, L.A., Ramus, A.A., Merkulova, A.O. (2015) Peculiarities of austenite decomposition in heat-affected zone in welding of high-strength steels. Fizika Metallov i Metallovedenie, 116(5), 520-529 in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.1134/S0031918X15050063
10. Krektuleva, R.A., Bezginov, R.O., Cherepanov, O.I., Cherepanov, R.O. (2015) Investigation of thermophysical processes in contacting pair of materials St3-Al in consumable electrode argon-arc welding. Fizicheskaya Mezomekhanika, 18(3), 92-100 [in Russian].
11. Zinoviev, V.E. (1989) Thermophysical properties of metals at high temperatures: Refer. Book. Moscow, Metallurgiya [in Russian].
12. Lyakishev, N.P. (1996) State diagrams of binary metallic systems: Refer. Book. In: 3 Vol. Vol. 1. Ed. by N.P. Lyakishev. Moscow, Mashinostroenie [in Russian].
13. Krektuleva, R.A., Cherepanov, O.I., Cherepanov, R.O. (2017) Numerical investigation of residual thermal stresses in welded joints of the heterogeneous steels with account of technological features of multipass welding. Applied Mathemathical Modelling, 42, 244-256. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apm.2016.10.005
14. Bezhin, O.N., Kosyakov, V.A., Krektuleva, R.A. (1998) Formation of thermal localized structures in the weld during consumable electrode pulsed-arc welding. PMTF, 39, 232(6), 172-177 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02468233