Avtomaticheskaya Svarka (Automatic Welding), #12, 2019, pp.33-40
Hybrid laser-microplasma welding of stainless steels
I.V. Krivtsun1, V.N. Korzhik1,2, V.Yu. Khaskin1,2, Z. Lo2, E.V. Illyashenko1
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine. 11 Kazymyr Malevych Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine.
Guangdong Institute of Welding (China-Ukraine E.O.Paton Institute of Welding).
363 Chiansin Str., 510650, Guangzhou, Tianhe. E-mail: email@example.com
Hybrid laser-microplasma welding is one of the modern innovative processes of welding sheet stainless steels, allowing minimization of residual deformations, producing high-quality and durable joints. In this study, basic techniques of hybrid laser-microplasma welding were optimized, mode parameters were précised, and mechanical properties and corrosion resistance of the produced joints of SUS 304 steel were assessed. The good prospects for application of laser-microplasma welding for joining thin stainless steels were confirmed experimentally. 6 Ref., 2 Tab., 10 Fig..
laser-microplasma welding, stainless steel SUS 304, filler wire, heat input, strength, elongation, corrosion resistance, hybrid effect
- Banov, M.D. (2008) Technology and equipment for resistance welding: Manual for students of schools of vocat. educ. 3rd ed. Moscow, Akademiya [in Russian].
- Petrov, V.N. (1969) Welding and cutting of stainless steels. Leningrad, Sudostroenie [in Russian].
- Sosnin, N.A., Ermakov, S.A., Topolyansky, P.A. (2008) Plasma technologies. Welding, coating, strengthening. Moscow, Mashinostroenie [in Russian].
- Grigoryants, A.G., Shiganov, I.N. (1988) Laser engineering and technology. In: 7 books. Book 5: Laser welding of metals: Manual for higher educ. instit. Ed. by A.G. Grigoryants. Moscow, Vysshaya Shkola [in Russian].
- Krivtsun, I.V., Shelyagin, V.D., Khaskin, V.Yu. et al. (2007) Hybrid laser-plasma welding of aluminium alloys. The Paton Welding J., 5, 36-40.
- Krivtsun, I.V., Korzhik, V.N., Khaskin, V.Yu. et al. (2017) Unit of new generation for laser-microplasma welding. In: Proc. of 8th Int. Conf. on Beam Technologies in Welding and Materials Processing. Ed. by I.V. Krivtsun. Kiev, IAW, 95-100.