Avtomaticheskaya Svarka (Automatic Welding), #12, 2020, pp. 17-22
Mechanical properties of joints of 1460 aluminuim alloy, produced by electron beam welding with filler material from 1201 alloy
V.V. Skryabinskii, V.M. Nesterenkov, V.R. Strashko
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine.
11 Kazymyr Malevych Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
The paper presents the results of studying the mechanical properties of joints of 1460 alloy and joints of 1460 + 1201 dissimilar
alloys, produced by EBW at room and cryogenic temperatures. It is shown that the strength of joints of 1460 alloy, welded using
filler material from 1201 alloy at the temperature of 77 К rises by 10 %, and at the temperature of 20 К - by 20 %, compared with
joints welded without filler. Mechanical properties of welded joints of 1460 + 1201 dissimilar alloys at testing temperatures of
20, 77 and 293 К are on the level not lower than those of the joints of 1460 alloy, welded with application of 1201 filler material.
Welding technology is described and chemical composition of weld metal is given. 12 Ref., 3 Tabl., 9 Fig.
electron beam welding, aluminium-lithium alloys, filler material, mechanical properties, welded joints, cryogenic
1. Antipov, V.V., Vakhromov, R.O., Oglodkov, M.S. et al. (2016) Welded aluminium-lithium alloys of third generation. Role of fundamental studies in realization of strategic directions of development of materials and technologies of their processing for the period up to 2030. In: Proc. of 3rd All-Russian Sci.-Tekhn. Conf. FGUP VIAM, 2-17 [in Russian]. http://www.spsl.nsc.ru/FullText/konfe/%D0%92%D0%98%D0%9 0%D0%9C-2016%D1%84%D0%BC%D0%BC.pdf
2. Limarenko, A.L., Sigalo, V.G., Litvishko, T.L. (2002) Properties and structure of high-strength welded aluminium-lithium alloy 1460. Kosmichna Nauka i Tekhnologiya, Dodatok, 8, 1, 123-126 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.15407/knit2002.01s.123
3. Maslov, G.G., Makarov, G.S. (1991) Aviation metallurgy in 39th International Show of Aerospace Engineering. Tekhnologiya Lyogkikh Splavov, 12, 109-116 [in Russian].
4. Drits, A.M., Krymova, T.V. (1996) Russian high-strength welded aluminium-lithium alloy of 1460 grade. Tsvetnye Metally, 3, 68-73 [in Russian].
5. Kablov, E.N. (2018) The future of aviation belongs to aluminium-lithium alloys. Redkie Zemli, 2 June 2018 [in Russian]. http://rareearth.ru/ru/pub/20180702/04001.html
6. Makhin, I.D., Nikolaev, V.V., Petrovichev, P.S. (2014) Investigation of weldability of V-1469 and 01570S alloys using electron beam welding for design of advanced manned spaceship. Kosmicheskaya Tekhnika i Tekhnologii, 4, 7, 68-75 [in Russian]. https://www.energia.ru/ktt/archive/2014/04-2014/04-09.pdf
7. Ovchinnikov, V.V., Drits, A.M., Kurbatova, I.A., Gureeva, M.A. (2017) Technology of welding of aluminium wrought alloy 1151. Naukoyomkie Tekhnologii v Mashinostroenii, 1, 10-15 [in Russian]. https://riorpub.com/temp/bb-71c228829aa59ef9893f95ef3f0191.pdf https://doi.org/10.12737/24206
8. Labur, T.M., Grinyuk, A.A., Poklyatsky, A.G. (2006) Mechanical properties of plasma welded joints on aluminium- lithium alloys. The Paton Welding J., 6, 32-34.
9. Ramulu, M., Rubbert, M.P. (1990) Gas tungsten arc welding of Al-Cu-Li alloy. Welding Research Suppl., March, 109-114.
10. Fridlyander, I.N., Drits, A.M., Krymova, T.V. (1991) Possibility of development of welded alloys based on Al-Cu-Li system. Metallovedenie i Termich. Obrab. Metallov, 9 [in Russian]. https://www.viam.ru/public/files/1991/1991-200808.pdf
11. Bondarev, A.A., Skryabinsky, V.V., Peshcherina, S.V., Butkova, E.I. (1991) Peculiarities of electron beam welding of high-strength alloy of aluminium-copper-lithium system. Avtomatich. Svarka, 7, 37-40 [in Russian].
12. Skryabinskyi, V.V., Nesterenkov, V.M., Rusynyk, M.O. (2020) Electron beam welding with programming of beam power density distribution. The Paton Welding J., 1, 51-56. https://doi.org/10.37434/as2020.01.07
Advertising in this issue: