Avtomaticheskaya Svarka (Automatic Welding), #2, 2021, pp. 32-37
Development of new generation flux-cored wires for gas-shielded arc welding of joints of low-alloy steels with ultimate strength of 640…940 MPa
V.M. Shlepakov, O.S. Kotelchuk
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine.
11 Kazymyr Malevych Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
The results of studying the properties of flux-cored wires with a metal core are considered, which were used as a base for
suggesting approaches to development of compositions of flux-cored wires for gas-shielded arc welding of joints of low-alloy
steels of higher and high strength. Application of dynamic thermal analysis of powder mixtures that model the wire core, enabled
obtaining information on kinetics of the processes which develop at heating and melting of flux-cored wire compositions that
allows optimizing the core compositions. Recommendations were developed on selection and application of flux-cored wires
for welding low-alloy high-strength steels. 10 Ref., 2 Tabl., 3 Fig.
arc welding, flux-cored wire, low-alloy high-strength steel
1. Karlsson, L., Bhadeshia, H.K.D.H. (2007) Novelty in welding
consumables. Australian Welding J., 56, Third Quarter, 44–49.
2. Malyshevsky, V.A., Grishchenko, L.V., Baryshnikov, A.P.
(1999) Welding consumables and technology of welding of
high-strength steels. Voprosy Materialovedeniya, 3(20), 46–62 [in Russian].
3. Widgery, D.J., Karlsson, J., Murugananth, M., Keehan, E.
(2002) Approaches in the development of high strength steel
weld metals. In: Proc. of 2nd Intern. Symposium on High
Strength Steel Weld Metals (Norway, Brussels, Belgium).
The European Coal and Steel Community, 1–10.
4. Wang, W., Lin, S. (2002) Alloying and microstructural management
in developing SMAW electrodes for HSLA-100
steel. Welding J., Research Supplement, 81, 132–145.
5. Keehan, E., Karlsson, L., Andron, H.-O. Svensson, L.-E.
(2006) New developments with C–Mn–Ni high strength steel
weld metals properties. Ibid., 85, 211–218.
6. Keehan, E., Karlsson, L., Thuvander, M., Bergquist, E.L. (2007) Microstructural characterization of as deposited and reheated weld metal - high strength steel weld metals. Welding in the World, 51, 44-49. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF03266559
7. Shlepakov, V.N., Kotelchuk, A.S. (2019) Improvement of technological and sanitary-hygienic characteristics of of gas-shielded arc welding process. The Paton Welding J., 6, 29-33. DOI: https://doi.org/10.15407/as2019.06.05 https://doi.org/10.15407/as2019.06.05
8. Koseko, T., Thewlis, G. (2005) Inclusion in welds. Material Sci. and Technol., 21, 867-869. https://doi.org/10.1179/174328405X51703
9. Baryshnikov, A.P., Grishchenko, L.V., Malyshevsky, V.A. et
al. (1996) Effect of oxygen content on impact toughness of
weld metal produced in shielding gas medium. Progressivnye
Materialy i Tekhnologii, 2, 221–227 [in Russian].
10. (2005) DSTU EN ISO 18276:2015 (EN ISO 18276:2006,
IDT; ISO 18276:2006, IDT): Welding consumables. Tubular
cored electrodes for gas-shielded and non-gas-shielded
metal arc welding of high-strength steels. Classification. ISO
Advertising in this issue: