Avtomaticheskaya Svarka (Automatic Welding), #5, 2021, pp. 15-20
Improving the efficiency of robotic fabrication of steel truss welded structures
V.M. Korzhyk1, A.A. Grynyuk1, V.Yu. Khaskin1, Ye.V. Illiashenko1, I.M. Klochkov1, O.V. Ganushchak1, Yu Xuefen2, Liuyi Huang2
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine.
11 Kazymyr Malevych Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Zhejiang Academy of Special Equipment Science. 310016, Jianggan District, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, 211, Kaixuan Road.
It is shown that to increase the productivity of robotic fabrication of fragments of steel truss RHS (Rectangular Hollow Section)
structures it is advisable to make workpieces by precision laser cutting with subsequent assembly of fragments by point tack
and consumable-arc seam welding with current-carrying (hot) filler wire. Laser cutting with radiation power of ~1.0 kW and
compressed air blowing at the pressure of 1.5 MPa allows obtaining ready for further welding elements of RHS structures with
the accuracy of 0…0.1 mm. It is established that in the case of application of consumable-arc welding with hot filler wire, the
speed increases by ~1.5 times compared to conventional consumable-arc welding 13 Ref., 6 Fig.
laser cutting, welding, consumable electrode arc, current-carrying filler wire, angle joints, carbon steel, structures
1. Radu, D., Radu, B. (2014) Truss beams welded joints strengthening solutions. 41th anniversary faculty of civil engineering subotica. International Conference «Contemporary achievements in civil engineering», 24 April 2015, Subotica, Serbia, pp. 261-269. https://doi.org/10.14415/konferencijaGFS 2015.033.
2. Paton, B.E., Lobanov, L.M., Tereshchenko, V.I. et al. (1994) Robotic production of welded trusses for industrial building overlaps. Avtomatich. Svarka, 12, 26-29 [in Russian].
3. Casper, H.-J. (2014) The First Fully Welded Integral Tube- Truss Bridge of Germany. Petzek E., Bancila R. (Eds) The Eight International Conference «Bridges in Danube Basin». Springer Vieweg, Wiesbaden, pp. 163-172. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-658-03714-7_11
4. Radu, D., Galatanu, Tf. (2016) Optimization solutions for truss beams elements welded joints. 4th International Conference «Contemporary achievements in civil engineering», 22 April 2016, Subotica, Serbia, pp. 105-111. https://doi.org/10.14415/konferencijaGFS2016.009
5. Zhao, X.L., Tong, L.W. (2011) New Development in Steel Tubular Joints. Advances in Structural Engineering, 14, 4, 699-715. https://doi.org/10.1260/1369-43188.8.131.529
6. Cheav Por Chea, Yu Bai, Xuebei Pan et al. (2020) An integrated review of automation and robotic technologies for structural prefabrication and construction. Transportation Safety and Environment, 2, 2, 81-96. https://doi.org/10.1093/tse/tdaa007
7. Yang, W., Lin, J., Gao, N., Yan, R. (2018) Experimental Study on the Static Behavior of Reinforced Warren Circular Hollow Section (CHS) Tubular Trusses. Appl. Sci, 8(11), 2237, 1-22. https://doi.org/10.3390/app8112237
8. Grinyuk, A.A., Korzhik, V.N., Shevchenko, V.E. et al. (2015) Main tendencies in development of plasma-arc welding of aluminium alloys. The Paton Welding J., 11, 31-41. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2015.11.04
9. Korzhyk, V., Khaskin ,V., Perepychay, A. et al. (2020) Forecasting the results of hybrid laser-plasma cutting of carbon steel. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 2/1(104), 6-15. https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2020.198433
10. Kumar, H., Ganesh, P., Kaul, R. et al. (2006) Laser welding of 3 mm thick laser-cut AISI 304 stainless steel sheet. J. of Materi Eng and Perform, 15, 23-31. https://doi.org/10.1361/105994906X83385
11. Chuangwen, Xu, Jianming, Dou, Yuzhen, Chai et al. (2018) The relationships between cutting parameters, tool wear, cutting force and vibration depth can improve productivity and control cutting force and vibration. Advances in Mechanical Engineering, 10(1), 1-14. https://doi.org/10.1177/1687814017750434
12. Praveen, P., Yarlagadda, P.K.D.V., Kang, M.J. (2005) Advancements in pulse gas metal arc welding. Journal of Materials Processing Technology, 164-165, 1113-1119. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmatprotec.2005.02.100
13. Spaniol, E., Trautmann, M., Ungethüm, T. et al. (2020) Development of a highly productive GMAW hot wire process using a two-dimensional arc deflection. Weld World, 64, 873- 883. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40194-020-00880-9
Advertising in this issue: