Avtomaticheskaya Svarka (Automatic Welding), #9, 2021, pp. 24-30
Influence of deformations from static loads on impact and fracture toughness of cylindrical shells
V.P. Dyadin, Ye.O. Davydov, R.I. Dmytrienko
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute. 11 Kazymyr Malevych Str., 03150 Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The work studies the effect of accumulation of plastic deformation in the base metal of the pipeline from the action of inner pressure
on the change of impact toughness of the Charpy specimens made in the longitudinal and circumferential directions. The studies
in this direction are carried out on the specimen made from LSAW pipe of 630 × 8 from 17G1S steel. The obtained test results
allow correcting the requirements to the specific work of impact specimens taking into account its possible reduction depending
on the predicted plastic deformation of the structural element and anisotropic properties of the material. 17 Ref., 4 Tabl., 10 Fig.
plastic deformation, aging, impact toughness, heat-affected-zone, brittle-tough transition temperature, fracture
1. Babich, V.K., Gul, Yu.P., Dolzhenkov, I.E. (1972) Strain ageing
of steel. Moscow, Metallurgiya [in Russian].
2. Paton, B.E., Semenov, S.E., Rybakov, A.A. et al. (2000) Ageing
and procedure of evaluation of the state of metal of the
main pipelines in service. The Paton Welding J., 7, 2-10.
3. Girenko, V.S., Semenov, S.E., Goncharenko, L.V. (2001)
Strain ageing of pipe steels. Tekh. Diagrost. i Nerazrush.
Kontrol, 3, 32-35.
4. Pashkov, Yu.I., Anisimov, Yu.I., Lanchakov, G.A. et al.
(1996) Prediction of residual strength limit of main gas and
oil pipelines taking into account the operating time. Stroitelstvo
Truboprovodov, 2, 2–5 [in Russian].
5. Pashkov, Yu.N. (1996) Crack resistance of welded pipes for
gas pipelines. In: Syn. of Thesis for Dr. of Tech. Sci. Degree.
Moscow [in Russian].
6. Dyadin, V.P. (2007) Influence of pre-deformation on impact
toughness of Charpy sample in fracture. The Paton Welding J.,
7. Zolotarevsky, V.S. (1998) Mechanical properties of metals.
Moscow, MISIS [in Russian].
8. Mochernyuk, N.P., Krasnevsky, S.M., Lazarevich, G.I. et al.
(1991) Influence of operating time of main gas pipeline and working
gas pressure on physical-mechanical characteristics of pipe
steel 19G. Gazovaya Promyshlennost, 3, 34–36 [in Russian].
9. Gumerov, A.G. (1998) Defectiveness of oil pipelines and
methods of their repair. Moscow, Nedra [in Russian].
10. (1967) Structure and mechanical properties of metals. Moscow,
Metallurgiya [in Russian].
11. Gafarov, N.A., Goncharov, A.A., Kushnarenko, V.M. (1998)
Corrosion and protection of hydrogen sulfide-containing oil
and gas fields. Moscow, Nedra [in Russian].
12. Girenko, V.S., Dyadin, V.P. (1990) Correlation of crack resistance
characteristics of materials and welded joints with
results of standard mechanical tests. Avtomatich. Svarka, 6,
1–4 [in Russian].
13. Siratori, M., Miesi, T., Mitsushima, H. (1986) Computational
fracture mechanics. Moscow, Mir [in Russian].
14. Phaal, R., Madnald, K.A., Brown, P.A. (1993) Correlations
between fracture toughness and Сharpy impact energy. Doc.
15. Girenko, V.S., Dyadin, V.P. (1985) Dependencies between
impact toughness and fracture mechanics criteria δiс, К1с of
structural steels and their welded joints. Avtomatich. Svarka,
9, 14–22 [in Russian].
16. Dyadin, V.P. (2010) Evaluation of temperature shift depending
upon the specimen thickness by the force and deformation
criteria of fracture mechanics. The Paton Welding J., 4, 14-21.
17. Troitskii, V.A., Dyadin, V.P. (2011) Selection of control sections
of the main pipelines for diagnostic examination. Tekh.
Diagrost. i Nerazrush. Kontrol, 3, 5-11 [in Russian].
Advertising in this issue: