Avtomaticheskaya Svarka (Automatic Welding), #11, 2021, pp. 44-53
Composite powders based on FeMoNiCrB amorphizing alloy with
Yu.S. Borisov1, A.L. Borisova1, O.M. Burlachenko1, T.V. Tsymbalista1, M.A. Vasylkivska2, Ye.G. Byba3
.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine.
11 Kazymyr Malevych Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
I.M. Frantsevich Institute for Materials Science Problems of NASU. 3 Krzhizhanovskiy Str., 03142, Kyiv
E.O. Paton Institute of Materials Science and Welding of NTUU «Igor Sikorskii Kyiv Polytechnic Institute». 37 Peremohi Prosp.,
The process of producing by mechanical alloying method the composite powders, based on FeMoNiCrB amorphizing alloy with
additives of refractory compounds (ZrB2, (Ti,Cr)C і FeTiO3) by processing a mixture of component powders in planetary mill «Activator
2SL» was studied. It was found that after 1.5 h of processing its products are homogeneous conglomerates with average particle
size, depending on the composition of composite powders, which was 23 ~m in the case of FeMoNiCrB+ZrB2, 15 ~m in the case of
FeMoNiCrB+(Ti,Cr)C, and 25 ~m in the case of FeMoNiCrB+FeTiO3. XRFA results reveal formation of an amorphous-nanocrystalline
structure in the produced powders, which consists of Fe(Ni,Cr), Mo2FeB2 solid solution and disperse phase of additives of
refractory compounds (ZrB2, (Ti,Cr)C і FeTiO3) with indications of certain interphase interaction of FeMoNiCrB and (Ti,Cr)C. Here,
the amorphous phase appears as a result of the process of mechanical alloying. The values of measured microhardness in composite
powders were as follows: FeMoNiCrB+ZrB2 – 6.2±1.6 MPa, FeMoNiCrB+(Ti,Cr)C – 5.5±1.1 MPa, FeMoNiCrB-FeTiO3 – 5.1±0.7
MPa. For application in thermal spraying of coatings with an amorphous structure, the composite powders produced from mechanical
alloying products are used to form conglomerate powders with particle size and degree of flowability, meeting the requirements of
thermally-sprayed coating technology (plasma, detonation, high-speed gas-flame). 14 Ref., 3 Tabl., 12 Fig.
amorphoizing alloy, refractory compounds, composite powder, mechanical alloying, structure, phase composition,
1. Suzuki, K., Fujimori, H., Hasimoto, K. (1987) Amosphous metals. Ed. by Ya.I. Polyak, B.I. Kekalo. Moscow, Metallurgiya [in Russian].
2. Kunitsky, Yu.A., Korzhik, Yu.S. (1988) Noncrystalline metal materials and coatings in engineering. Kiev, Tekhnika [in Russian].
3. Kalita, V.I., Komlev, D.I. (2008) Plasma coatings with nanocrystalline and amorphous structure. Moscow, Lider M [in Russian].
4. Yongjiang, H., Yuanzhi, G., Hongbo, F., Jun, S. (2012) Synthesis of Fe-Cr-Mo-C-B amorphous coating with high corrosion resistance. Materials Letters, 89, 229-232. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matlet.2012.08.114
5. Terajima, T., Takeuchi, F., Nakata, K. et al. (2010) Composite coating containing WC/12Co cermet and Fe-based metallic glass deposited by high-velocity oxygen fuel spraying. J. of Alloys and Compounds, 504(1), 288-291. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jallcom.2010.03.209
6. Yugeswaran, S., Kobayashi, A., Suresh, K., Subramanian, B. (2013) Characterization of gas tunnel type plasma sprayed TiN reinforced Fe-based metallic glass coatings. Ibid., 551, 168-175. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jallcom.2012.09.111
7. Movahedi, B. (2018) Mechanical investigation approach to optimize the high-velocity oxygen fuel Fe-based amorphous coatings reinforced by B4C nanoparticles. World Academy of Sci., Engineering and Technology Int. J. of Materials and Metallurgical Engineering, 12(9), 460-465. DOI: https://doi. org/10.5281/zenodo.1474539'); ?>
8. Korzhik, V.N., Borisova, A.L., Popov, V.V. et al. (2014) Cermet coatings of chromium carbide-nichrome system produced by supersonic plasma gas air spraying. The Paton Welding J., 12, 23-28. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2014.12.05
9. Borisov, Yu.S., Borisova, A.L., Astakhov, E.A. et al. (2017) Detonation coatings of intermerallic powders of Fe-Al system produced using mechanical alloying. Ibid., 4, 25-31. https://doi.org/10.15407/as2017.04.05
10. Borisov, Yu.S., Borisova, A.L. (1986) Plasma powder coatings. Kiev, Tekhnika [in Russian].
11. Vityaz, P.A., Lovshenko, F.G., Lovshenko, G.F. (1998) Mechanically- doped alloys based on aluminium and copper. Minsk, Belarusskaya Nauka [in Russian].
12. Grigorieva, T.F., Barinova, A.P., Lyakhov, N.Z. (2008) Mechanochemical synthesis in metallic systems. Ed. by E.G. Avvakumov. Novosibirsk, Parallel [in Russian].
13. Lebedeva, S.I. (1977) Microhardness of minerals. Ed. by S.A.Yushko. Moscow, Nedra [in Russian].
14. Surzhenkov, A., Antonov, M., Goljandin, D. et al. (2013) Sliding wear of TiC-NiMo and Cr3C2-Ni cermet particles reinforced FeCrSiB matrix HVOF sprayed coatings. Estonian J. of Engineering, 19(3), 203-211. https://doi.org/10.3176/eng.2013.3.03
Advertising in this issue: