Avtomaticheskaya Svarka (Automatic Welding), #11, 2022, pp. 28-34
Program for statistical control of the process of flash-butt welding of railway rails
P.M. Rudenko, I.V. Zyakhor, O.V. Didkovsky, E.V. Antipin
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine.
11 Kazymyr Malevych Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
The program for statistical analysis of railway rail welding protocols coming from rail welding enterprises to the Diagnostic
Center of “Ukrzaliznytsia” is presented in order to reveal perturbations on the process and making of decisions on their
elimination, improve the quality of welded joints and optimize the process in the industry. The program is developed meeting
the standards of ISO 9000, 9001, 9004, 10017 and 22514. The input data for calculations are databases of protocols for welding
rails, welding machines, contractors, welding modes, etc. Variations of each process parameter are evaluated by the process
capability index Cpk, a number of cases with the violation of technical specifications, accuracy and customizability factors.
The results are presented in the form of diagrams, tables and histograms. To find the cause of probable perturbations on the
process, the stratification of welding protocols is performed by specifying features, based on which arrays for calculations are
formed. Based on the obtained data, the decision on the diagnosis of the welding equipment and technological process can be
made that in addition to elimination of problems will facilitate the experimental setting up of the appropriate decision tree.
12 Ref., 1 Tabl., 6 Fig.
flash-butt welding, railway rails, statistical processing of information, databases, process capabilities, graphic and
1. TUU 24.1-40075815-002:2016. New welded rails for railways. Specifications [in Ukrainian].
2. Kuchuk-Yatsenko, S.I., Rudenko, P.M., Gavrish, V.S. et al. (2016) Statistical control of process of flash-butt welding of rails. Two-level control system. The Paton Welding J., 5-6, 13-16. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2016.06.02
3. Kuchuk-Yatsenko, S.I., Rudenko, P.M., Gavrish, V.S. et al. (2019) System of controlling the process of flash-butt welding of rails under stationary and field conditions to extend the the service life and reliability of railway tracks. Tekh. Diahnost. ta Neruiniv. Kontrol, 2, 41-50. https://doi.org/10.15407/tdnk2019.02.07
4. ISO 9000:2015 Quality management systems. Fundamentals and vocabulary.
5. ISO 9001:2015 Quality management systems/ Requirements.
6. ISO 9004:2018 Quality management/ Quality of an organization. Guidance to achieve sustained success
7. ISO/TR 10017:2003 Guidance on statistical techniques for ISO 9001:2000.
8. DSTU 4344:2004. Rails are common for wide-gauge railways. General specifications.
9. Kuchuk-Yatsenko, S.I., Rudenko, P.M., Gavrish, V.S. et al. (2020) Operational control as the method for evaluation of welded joint quality in flash butt welding of modern high-strength steels. Nauka i Innovatsiya, 16(2), 72-78 [in Ukrainian]. https://doi.org/10.15407/scin16.02.072
10. ISO 22514-1:2014 Statistical methods in process management. Capability and performance. Pt 1: General principles and concepts.
11. Kelly Jakinovich (2020) Cpk vs Ppk? What Is The Difference and Why Is It Important. https://www.medical.saint-gobain.com/blog/cpk-vs-ppk-what-difference-and-why-it-important.
Advertising in this issue: