Electrometallurgy today, 2017, #3, 19-24 pages
Structure and properties of titanium alloy VT19, produced by the electron beam melting, after thermomechanical treatment
S.V. Akhonin1, A.Yu. Severin1, V.Yu. Belous1, V.A. Berezos1, A.N. Pikulin1, A.G. Erokhin2
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU. 11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03680, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
2SE «SPC» of the E.O.Paton Electric Welding Institute of NASU».
26 Raketnaya str., 03028, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Works were carried out for producing deformed sheet semi-products from 110 mm diameter ingots of high-alloy pseudo ?-titanium alloy VT19 of electron beam melting. After the thermomechanical treatment the alloy microstructure was examined. It was determined that the structure of titanium alloy VT19, produced by the electron beam melting method, consists after rolling of equiaxial polyhedral primary ?-grains, and the intergranular structure is presented by a dispersed ?-phase. It was found that the sheet after thermomechanical treatment has a heterogeneous structure in thickness The rolled sheets of alloy VT19 of electron beam melting show the value of 958 MPa tensile strength at elongation ?s
= 12 % after annealing at 750 o
C temperature. Ref. 9, Tables 3, Figures 7.
Key words: electron beam melting; alloy; thermodeformational treatment; structure; phase; grain; properties
- Glazunov, S.G., Moiseev, V.N. (1994) Titanium alloys. Structural titanium alloys. Moscow: Metallurgy [in Russian].
- Khorev, A.I. (2014) Fundamental and applied works on structural titanium alloys and prospective trends of their development. Tekhnologiya Mashinostroeniya, 11, 5–10 [in Russian].
- Kolachev, B.A., Eliseev, Yu.S., Bratukhin, A.G. et al. (2001) Titanium alloys in welded structures and production of aircraft engines and aerospace engineering. Moscow: MAI [in Russian].
- Khorev, A.I. (2012) Titanium superalloy VT19. Tekhnologiya Mashinostroeniya, 6, 2–5 [in Russian].
- Akhonin S.V., Severin A.Yu., Berezos V.A.,Pikulin A.N., Erokhin A.G. (2016) Peculiarities of melting of titanium alloy VT19 ingots in electron beam cold hearth installation. Sovremennaya Elektrometallurgiya, 2, 23–27 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.15407/sem2016.02.03
- Khorev, A.I. (2012) Thermal, thermomechanical treatment and texture hardening of welded titanium alloys. Proizvodstvo, 10, 11–20 [in Russian].
- Illiin, A.A., Kolachev, B.A., Polkin, I.S. (2009) Titanium alloys. Composition, structure, properties. Moscow: VILS-MATI [in Russian].
- GOST 1497–84: Metals. Tensile test methods [in Russian].
- (1977) Titanium alloys. Alloying and heat treatment of titanium alloys. Moscow: VIAM [in Russian].