SEM, 2019, #2, 7-12 pages
Journal Современная электрометаллургия
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 2415-8445 (print)
Issue № 2, 2019 (June)
Electron beam melting of heat-resistant titanium composites of Ti–Si–Al–Zr–Sn system
S.V. Akhonin1, S.A. Firstov2, A.Yu. Severin1, N.N. Kuzmenko2, V.A. Berezos2, L.D. Kulak2
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine.
11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
I.M. Frantsevich Institute for Problems of Materials Science of the NAS of Ukraine.
3 Krzhizhanovsky Str., 03142, Kyiv, Ukraine. Е-mail: email@example.com
Integrated research works were carried out on producing ingots of heat-resistant titanium alloy of Ti–Si–Al–Zr–Sn system and subjecting to hot plastic deformation for manufacture of rods-semi-products. The scheme of charge calculation was improved and the technological parameters of electron beam melting of ingots in a modernized electron beam installation UE-208M were determined. Chemical composition and structure of produced ingots of titanium alloys of the Ti–Si–Al–Zr–Sn system were investigated and it was shown that the material is characterized by a rather high chemical homogeneity. Hot deformational treatment of ingots of the electron beam melting was performed and the quality rods-semi-products of heat-resistant alloy of Ti–Si–Al–Zr–Sn system were produced. Ref. 11, Tabl. 1, Fig. 4.
Key words: heat-resistant titanium alloy; ingot; electron beam melting; technological modes; chemical composition; structure; deformational treatment
1. Solonina, O.P., Glazunov, S.G. (1976) Heat-resistant titanium alloys. Moscow, Metallurgiya [in Russian].
2. Antashov, V.G., Nochovnaya, N.A., Ivanov, V.I. (2002) Tendency of development of heat-resistant titanium alloys for aircraft engine building. Tekhnologiya Lyogkikh Splavov, 4, 72-76 [in Russian].
3. Iliin, A.A., Kolachev, B.A., Polkin, I.S., (2009) Titanium alloys. Composition, structure, properties: Refer. Book. Moscow, VILS-Mati [in Russian].
4. Firstov, S.O. (2004) New generation of materials based on titanium. In: Mechanics of material fracture and strength of structures. Ed. by V.V. Panasyuk. Lviv, PMI, 609-616 [in Russian].
5. Kuzmenko, M.M. (2008) Structure and mechanical properties of cast Ti-Si alloys. Mater. Sci., 44(1), 49-53. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11003-008-9042-x
6. Firstov, S.A., Tkachenko, S.V., Kuzmenko, N.N. (2009) Titanium «cast iron» and titanium «steels». MiTOM, 1, 14-20 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11041-009-9119-7
7. (2000) State diagrams of binary metal system: Refer. Book. Ed. by N.P. Lyakishev. Vol. 3, Book 2. Moscow, Mashinostroenie [in Russian].
8. Paton, B.E., Trigub, N.P., Akhonin, S.V., Zhuk, G.V. (2006) Electron beam melting of titanium. Kiev, Naukova Dumka [in Russian].
9. Tikhonovsky, A.L., Tur, A.A., Kravets, A.N. et al. (1992) Electron beam installation UE-208. Problemy Spets. Elektrometallurgii, 1, 71-74 [in Russian].
10. Akhonin, S.V., Severin, A.Yu., Berezos, V.A. (2016) Peculiarities of melting of ingots of titanium alloys, alloyed with tin, in electron beam installation. Sovrem. Elektrometallurgiya, 3, 21-25 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.15407/sem2016.03.04
11. Severin, A.Yu., Trigub, N.P., Zhuk, G.V. (2008) Electron beam cold hearth remelting of high-temperature titanium alloys hardened by silicides. Advances in Electrometallurgy, 1, 12-13.