SEM, 2019, #4, 4-8 pages
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 2415-8445 (print)
Issue № 4, 2019 (November)
Effect of technological parameters of esr on the features of melting of consumable electrode from precision alloy 29NK
I.V. Protokovilov, D.A. Petrov, V.B. Porokhonko
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine.
11 Kazymyr Malevych Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Effect of electric voltage, melting current and consumable electrode feed rate in ESR on the features of electrode melting and shape of its molten part was studied. Experiments were conducted at ESR of consumable electrodes of 55 mm diameter from precision alloy 29NK in a copper water-cooled mould of 84 mm diameter. Dependencies of melting current on electrode feed rate were established for different values of electric voltage in the pool. Dependencies of the depth of electrode immersion into slag and angle of cone of its molten part on electrode feed rate and voltage were plotted. Quantitative data were obtained, which can be used at selection of rational modes of ESR of ingots of 80…150 mm diameter from precision alloys of kovar type. Ref. 6, Tabl. 1, Fig. 6.
Key words: electroslag remelting; consumable electrode; immersion depth; melting current; voltage; melting; alloy
1. Medovar, B.I., Tsykulenko, A.K., Shevtsov, V.L. et al. (1986) Metallurgy of electroslag process. Ed. by B.E. Paton. Kiev, Naukova Dumka [in Russian].
2. Latash, Yu.V., Medovar, B.I. (1970) Electroslag remelting. Moscow, Metallurgiya [in Russian].
3. Medovar, L.B., Lebed, V.A., Stovpchenko, A.P. et al. (2012) About reconstruction of ESR furnaces. Sovrem. Elektrometall., 4, 3-5 [in Russian].
4. Protokovilov, I.V., Petrov, D.A., Porokhonko, V.B. (2016) Electroslag remelting of wastes of precision alloys. Ibid., 2, 18-22 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.15407/sem2016.02.02
5. Gritsianov, Yu.A., Putimtsev, B.N., Molotilov, B.V. (1975) Metallurgy of precision alloys. Moscow, Metallurgiya [in Russian].
6. Kharicha, A., Ludwig, A., Wu, M. (2011) Simulation of the melting during an industrial scale electroslag remelting process. LMPC 2011, Nancy, France, 41-48. https://doi.org/10.1002/9781118495285.ch84