SEM, 2019, #4SEM, 2019, #4, 51-57 pages
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 2415-8445 (print)
Issue № 4, 2019 (November)
Composite material based on porous titanium, produced by vapour-phase deposition
L.A. Krushinskaya, Ya.A. Stelmakh
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine.
11 Kazymyr Malevych Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
Given are the results of studying the surface morphology and microstructures of porous titanium obtained from the vapour phase, using electron beam technology of evaporation and subsequent condensation in vacuum. Evolution of porous titanium structure in a broad range of condensation temperatures (100…900 °C) was studied. A composite material was produced which consists of porous titanium coated by a layer of calcium phosphate (12 μm). Ref. 10, Fig. 5.
Key words: electron beam deposition; porous titanium; surface morphology; microstructure; calcium-phosphate materials; biocompatible materials
1. (2009) Thin calcium phosphate coatings for medical implants. Ed. by B., León, J. Jansen. Springer Science Business Media, LLC.
2. Sam Zhang (2011) Biological and biomedical coatings handbook. Applications. Taylor and Francis Group, LLC. https://doi.org/10.1201/b12345
3. Movchan, B.A. (1998) Inorganic materials deposited from vapor phase under vacuum. In: Modern materials science of 21st century. Kiev, Naukova Dumka [in Russian].
4. Movchan, B.A., Yakovchuk, K.Yu. (2001) New approach to producing microporous materials and coatings by electron beam evaporation of inorganic substances. Problemy Spets. Elektrometallurgii, 2, 11-14 [in Russian].
5. Movchan, B.A., Yakovchuk, K.Yu. (2001) Microporous materials and coatings based on ZrO2, produced by electron beam evaporation and vapor phase deposition. Ibid., 4, 17-21 [in Russian].
6. Movchan, B.A., Lemkey, F.D. (2003) Some approaches of producing microporous materials and coatings by EB PVD. Surface and Coatings Technolobgy, 165, 90-100. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0257-8972(02)00723-5
7. Yakovchuk, K.Yu., Stelmakh, Ya.A. (2004) Laboratory electron beam unit for vapor phase deposition of inorganic materials with amorphous, nano- and microsized structure. In: Proc. of Math. Conf. NANSIS-2004 (12-14 October, Kiev), 387.
8. Palatnik, L.S., Cheremskoy, P.G., Fuks, M.Ya. (1982) Pores in films. Moscow, Energoizdat [in Russian].
9. Demchishin, A.V., Movchan, B.A. (1967) Structure and some properties of thick titanium condensates. Fizika i Khimiya Obrab. Materialov, 1, 45-50 [in Russian].
10. Movchan, B.O., Kurapov, Yu.A., Lytvyn, S.E. et al. (2012) Electron beam synthesis of titanium nanoparticles and their thermal stability. Metaloznavstvo ta Obrobka Metaliv, 1, 40-45 [in Ukrainian].