SEM, 2019, #4, 38-43 pages
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 2415-8445 (print)
Issue № 4, 2019 (November)
Restoration of end part of copper gas-oxygen chambers of arc steel-melting furnaces
V.M. Ilyushenko1, T.B. Maidanchuk1, A.N. Bondarenko1, E.P. Lukianchenko1, T.E. Udartseva2, D.I. Andreichuk3
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine.
11 Kazymyr Malevych Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
National Avaition University. 1 Kosmonaut Komarov Prosp., 03058, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
«MZ Dneprostal». 4 Dneprostalevskaya Str., 49051, Dnepr, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The copper gas-oxygen chambers, applied for intensification of the process of metal melting in electric furnaces often fail, because of highly complex operating conditions. A set of investigations of the degraded metal of copper chambers was performed, which allowed determination of the possible causes for copper cracking in the end portion of the part. Basic technology of restoration of worn copper parts by helium-arc surfacing using special metal-cored filler wire was selected. The restored parts have passed laboratory and plants testing. This repair technology ensures extension of the operating life of chambers of arc steel-melting furnace by 75…85 %. Ref. 8, Tabl. 3, 6 Fig.
Key words: arc steel-melting furnace; copper gas-oxygen chambers; defects; restoration; arc surfacing; welding consumables
1. Belkovsky, A.G., Kats, Ya.L., Krasnyansky, M.V. (2003) State-of-the-art and tendencies of development of steel production technology in arc steelmaking furnaces and their structures. Bulleten Chyorn. Metallurgiya, 3, 72-88 [in Russian].
2. Massalsky, T.V. (1986, 1987) Binary alloy phase diagrams. American Society for Metals, Vol. 1-2. Ohio, Metals Park.
3. Ilyushenko, V.M., Lukyanchenko, E.P. (2013) Welding and surfacing of copper and copper alloys. Kiev, IAW [in Russian].
4. Smiryagin, A.P., Smiryagina, N.A., Belova, A.V. (1974) Commercial nonferrous metals and alloys. Moscow, Metallurgiya [in Russian].
5. Anoshin, V.A., Ilyushenko, V.M. (2018) Effect of surface-active elements on the formation of solidification cracks. The Paton Welding J., 10, 14-21. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2018.10.03
6. Kozhemyakin, V.G., Shapovalov, V.A., Burnashev, V.R., Botvinko, D.V. (2015) Restoration of surface layer of MCCB mould copper plate by using plasma-arc technology. Sovrem. Elektrometall., 3, 23-26 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.15407/sem2015.03.04
7. Grigorenko, G.M., Adeeva, L.I., Tunik, A.Yu. et al. (2015) Application of friction stir welding method for repair and restoration of worn-out copper plates of MCCB moulds. The Paton Welding J., 5-6, 55-58. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2015.06.13
8. Radyuk, A.G., Gorbatyuk, S.M., Gerasimova, A.A. (2011) Application of method of electric arc metallizing for restoration of working surfaces of narrow walls of thick-wall slab moulds. Metallurgiya, 6, 54-57 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11015-011-9446-y