SEM, 2020, #1, 32-38 pages
Corrosion and erosion resistance of copper and molybdenum composite materials condensed from the vapour phase
I.M. Grechanyuk1, V.G. Grechanyuk2
SPC «ELTECHMASH». 25 Vatutina Str., 21011, Vynnitsa, Ukraine. E-Mail: email@example.com
Kyiv National University of Construction and Architecture. 31 Povitroflosky Ave., 03037, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The corrosion and erosion resistance of copper and molybdenum-based composite materials used as contact materials
are considered in the paper. It is found that zirconium and yttrium (material MDK-3: Cu–(10…12 %) Mo–(0.2 %) Zr,
Y) when introduced into the Cu–Mo system, increase the corrosion resistance by 20 % and the deep corrosion index
decreases to 0.02 g/(m2·year). It is shown that the dependence of contact temperature change on the contact resistance
is linear, the higher the contact resistance, the more intensively the contact temperature increases. The dependence of
contact resistance of contacts made of materials MDK-3 and Ag–CdO on the number of switching cycles is established.
The characteristics of contacts made of silver-containing materials and contact materials from MDK-3 were compared,
and the advantages of the latter were shown. Ref. 9, Tabl. 1, Fig. 8.
composite materials; corrosion resistance; contact resistance; contact materials, dispersion-strengthened
1. Grechanyuk, V.G. (2013) Physical-chemical principles of formation
of copper-based composite materials condensed from
vapor phase: Syn. of Thesis for Dr. Chem. Sci. Degree. Kyiv,
40 [in Ukrainian].
2. Grechanyuk, N.I., Minakova, R.V., Vasilega, O.P. et al. (2010)
State-of-the art and prospects of application of high-velocity
electron beam evaporation technology and subsequent vacuum
condensation of metals and nonmetals for producing of electric contact and electrodes. In: Collect. of IPS NASU:
Electric contacts and electrodes. Kiev, 54−57 [in Russian].
3. Grechanyuk, N.I., Grechanyuk, V.G. (2018) Dispersed and laminar volumetric nanocrystal materials on base of copper and molybdenum. Structure, properties, technology, application. Information 1. Structure and phase composition. Sovrem. Elektrometall., 1, 42−53 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.15407/sem2018.01.06
4. Grechanyuk, N.I., Grechanyuk, V.G. (2019) Mechanical properties of dispersed and laminar composite materials on copper and molybdenum base. Ibid., 2, 43−49 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.15407/sem2019.02.07
5. (1980) Unified procedures of laboratory testing of effectiveness
of corrosion inhibitors in aqueous systems. Riga, Inst. of
Inorganic Chemistry [in Russian].
6. Grechanyuk, I.N., Grechanyuk, V.G., Emelyanov, B.M.,
Rudenko, I.F. (1998) Corrosion of composite materials on
copper base applied for electric contacts. In: Collect. of IPS
NASU: Electric contacts and electrodes. Kiev, 140−144 [in
7. TU U 20113410.001−98: Dispersion-strengthened materials
for electric contacts [in Russian].
8. TU U 24.4-53966101.2014: Dispersion-strengthened materials
for electric contacts [in Ukrainian].
9. TU U 31.2-20113410-003−2002: Electric contacts based on
dispersion-strengthened materials (MDK) [in Russian].