TPWJ, 2010, #4, 42-48 pages
CODE DESIGNATIONS OF LOCALLY MANUFACTURED FLUXES AND FLUX + WIRE COMBINATIONS IN KEEPING WITH INTERNATIONAL STANDARDS
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue № 4, 2010 (April)
A.V. ZALEVSKY1, V.I. GALINICH1, N.A. PROTSENKO2 and V.V. KUKHARENKO3
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU, Kiev, Ukraine
ISTC «Paton-Cert», Kiev, Ukraine
RPE «Conversion Technologies» of the Ukrainian Research Institute of Shipbuilding Technology, Nikolaev, Ukraine
The paper deals with the features of application of International Standards ISO 14171:2002 and ISO 14174:2004 for classification of welding fluxes. Code designations of local fluxes in keeping with the above standards are given, as well as identification of codes included into the designations, and recommendations on application of code designations of welding fluxes.
arc welding, welding fluxes, International Standards ISO 14171:2002 and ISO 14174:2004, classification, code designations
1. GOST 9087-81E: Fused welding fluxes. Specifications. Introd. 01.01.82.
2. TU U 05416923.049-99: Fused welding fluxes of grades AN-47, AN-348-A, AN-348V, ANTs-1A, AN-60, OSTs-45 and their modifications D, M, P. Valid from 04.04.2000.
3. GOST R 52222: Fused welding fluxes for automatic welding. Specifications. Approved 01.01.2005.
4. ANSI/AWS A5.17-89: Specification for carbon steel electrodes and fluxes for submerged arc welding. Approved 17.03.89.
5. ANSI/AWS A5.23-90: Specification for low alloy steel electrodes and fluxes for submerged arc welding. Approved 01.01.99.
6. (1993) Handbuch Schweisszusatzwerkstoffe. OERLIKON.