TPWJ, 2010, #9, 9-14 pages
INVESTIGATION OF STRUCTURE AND PHASE COMPOSITION OF ALLOYS BASED ON THE Ti-Zr-Fe SYSTEM
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue № 9, 2010 (September)
V.F. KHORUNOV1, S.V. MAKSYMOVA1 and G.M. ZELINSKAYA2
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU, Kiev, Ukraine
G.V. Kurdyumov Institute for Metal Physics, NASU, Kiev, Ukraine
Melting temperature ranges for alloys of the Ti-Zr-Fe system were investigated, and liquidus surface of the ternary system in 2D and 3D graphic presentations was plotted. The eutectic pit comprising alloys that show promise for development of brazing filler metals was determined. Microstructure and morphological peculiarities of the alloys at different cooling rates were investigated. Filler metals for brazing titanium aluminides were developed on the basis of the investigation results.
brazing, filler metal, eutectic, structure, liquidus temperature, adhesion-active alloys, cooling rate, phase composition
1. (1997) Constitutional diagrams of binary metallic systems: Refer. Book. Vol. 2. Ed. by N.P. Lyakishev. Moscow: Mashinostroenie.
2. Massalski, T.B. (1990) Binary alloy phase diagrams. 2nd
ed. Ohio: ASM Int., Materials Park.
3. Ganiev, I.N., Zheleznyak, L.V. (1983) Plotting of liquidus surface of the Al-Si-Ge system by the experimental design simplex method. Metally, 4, 184-187.
4. Zedgenidze, I.G. (1976) Experimental design to study multi-component systems. Moscow: Nauka.
5. Scheffe, H. (1958) Experiments with mixtures. J. Roy. Stat. Soc., 20(2), 334.
6. Eliot, P. (1987) Control of eutectic solidification. Moscow: Metallurgiya.
7. Zhuk, G.V., Trigub, N.P. (2002) New method for dispersing the melt in electron beam units and equipment for its realization. Advances in Electrometallurgy, 4, 15-16.
8. Paton, B.E., Trigub, N.P., Kozlitin, D.A. et al. (1997) Electron beam melting. Kiev: Naukova Dumka.
9. Zhuk, G.V., Kozlitin, D.A., Pap, P.A. (1993) Modelling of thermal processes of quick solidification in casting of dispersed melts. Problemy Spets. Elektrometallurgii, 3, 44-49.
10. Nemoshkalenko, V.V., Romanova, A.V., Iliinsky, F.G. (1987) Amorphous metallic alloys. Kiev: Naukova Dumka.
11. Golder, Yu.G. (1978) Metallic glasses. Tekhnologiya Lyog. Splavov, 6, 74-93.