TPWJ, 2010, #10, 29-32 pages
PROSPECTS OF APPLICATION OF LASER AND HYBRID TECHNOLOGIES OF WELDING STEELS TO INCREASE SERVICE LIFE OF PIPELINES
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue № 10, 2010 (October)
V.D. SHELYAGIN, V.Yu. KHASKIN, A.V. BERNATSKY and A.V. SIORA
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU, Kiev, Ukraine
The experiments on development of techniques of multipass hybrid laser and laser-arc welding of pipe steels are described. Structure of produced joints, as well as their impact toughness and corrosion resistance were investigated. Rationality of further developments of appropriate technological processes for application of mentioned methods of welding to extend the service life of pipeline transport is shown.
multipass laser welding, hybrid laser-arc welding, impact toughness, corrosion resistance
1. Semyonov, S.E., Rybakov, A.A., Goncharenko, L.V. et al. (2003) Evaluation of condition of metal of welded pipes of long-operated gas pipelines. The Paton Welding J., 4, 2-6.
2. Rybakov, A.O., Semenov, S.E., Goncharenko, L.V. (2006) Evaluation of condition and effects of strain ageing of gas pipeline metal in use of controlled rolling steel. In: Problems of service life and safety of structures, constructions and machines: Coll. on results obtained in 2004-2006. Kyiv: PWI.
3. Grigoriants, A.G., Grezev, N.V., Romantsov, I.A. et al. (2006) Development of technology of two-beam laser welding and full-scale tests of gas and oil pipes. Svarochn. Proizvodstvo, 5, 3-37, 63, 64.
4. Staufer, H., Ruehrnoessl, M. (2006) Fuer grosse Blechdicken und hohe Schweissgeschwindigkeiten: Laserhybrid- + Tandemschweissen. Praktiker, 10, 300-302.
5. Shelyagin, V.D., Khaskin, V.Yu., Garashchuk, V.P. et al. (2002) Hybrid CO2-laser and CO2 consumable-arc welding. The Paton Welding J., 10, 35-37.