TPWJ, 2010, #10, 37-44 pages
TENDENCIES IN DEVELOPMENT OF MECHANIZED WELDING WITH CONTROLLED TRANSFER OF ELECTRODE METAL (Review)
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue № 10, 2010 (October)
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU, Kiev, Ukraine
Assessment of modern developments of mechanized equipment for consumable electrode welding and surfacing was performed. It is shown that modern engineering solutions involve control of electrode metal transfer as the main means of improvement of mechanized arc processes. Examples of realization of electrode metal transfer control are given.
welding, surfacing, pulse, source, inverter, transfer, control, feed mechanism
1. Potapievsky, A.G. (1974) Shielded-gas consumable electrode arc welding. Moscow: Mashinostroenie.
2. Voropaj, N.M., Ilyushenko, V.M., Lankin, Yu.N. (1999) Specifics of pulsed arc welding with synergic control of parameters (Review). Avtomatich. Svarka, 6, 26-32.
3. Karasyov, M.V., Vyshemirsky, E.M., Bespalov, V.I. et al. (2004) Characteristics of modern units for mechanized GMA welding. The Paton Welding J., 12, 36-39.
4. Brunov, O.G., Fedko, V.T., Slistin, A.P. (2002) Varieties of methods of welding wire pulse feed for CO2
consumable electrode welding. Svarochn. Proizvodstvo, 11, 58.
5. Lebedev, V.A., Pichak, V.G., Smolyarko, V.B. (2001) Pulsed wire feed mechanisms with pulse parameter control. The Paton Welding J., 5, 27-33.
6. Lebedev, V.A., Pichak, V.G. (1998) Mechanised CO2
arc welding with controlled pulse feed of electrode wire. Svarochn. Proizvodstvo, 5, 30-33.
7. Paton, B.E., Lebedev, V.A., Mikitin, Ya.I. (2006) Method of combined control of electrode metal transfer process in mechanized arc welding. Ibid., 8, 27-32.