TPWJ, 2011, #3, 38-43 pages
SHIELDING MATERIALS AND PERSONAL GEAR FOR WELDER PROTECTION FROM MAGNETIC FIELDS
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue ¹ 3, 2011 (March)
O.G. LEVCHENKO, V.K. LEVCHUK and O.N. TIMOSHENKO
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU, Kiev, Ukraine
Issues related to development of personal protective gear for welder protection from magnetic fields in resistance welding are considered. Investigation results on protective properties of shielding materials made from magnetically soft strips of amorphous cobalt-base alloy (Co-Fe-Cr-Si-B) are presented. An apron has been developed to protect welders from electromagnetic radiation.
resistance welding, electromagnetic radiation, magnetic field intensity, protection methods, protective magnetic materials, permalloys and amorphous metal alloys, shielding apron
1. Levchenko, O.G., Levchuk, V.K. (2008) Electromagnetic safety in welding production. Svarshchik, 3, 50-53.
2. Pismenny, A.S. (2008) High-frequency welding of metallic items. Kiev: PWI.
3. Apollonsky, S.M. (1982) Calculation of electromagnetic shielding shells. Leningrad: Energoizdat.
4. Apollonsky, S.M. (1988) Reference book on calculation of electromagnetic screens. Leningrad: Energoatomizdat.
5. Pentegov, I.V., Tarasenko, O.A. (1983) Calculation of efficiency of screening with flat screens. Tekhn. Elektrodinamika, 2, 8-12.
6. Levchenko, O.G., Levchuk, V.K. (2006) Hygienic evaluation of magnetic fields in working places using arc welding of metal structures. In: Problems of residual life and safe service of structures, constructions and machines: Coll. Of papers on results obtained in 2004-2006. Kiev: PWI.
7. Levchenko, O.G., Levchuk, V.K. (2008) Safe level of electromagnetic field intensity in resistance welding. The Paton Welding J., 5, 38-46.
8. Bogoroditsky, N.P., Pasykov, V.V., Tareev, B.M. (1985) Electrotechnical materials. Leningrad: Energoatomizdat.
9. Kuznetsov, P.A., Farmakovsky, B.V., Aksinazi, A.Yu. et al. Magnetic and electromagnetic shield. Pat. 2274914 Russia. Int. Cl. G 12 B 17/02. Publ. 20.04.2006.
10. Zaporozhets, O.I., Lukianchikov, A.V., Gliva, V.A. (2007) Evaluation of protective properties of magnetically soft materials. Problemy Okhorony Pratsi v Ukraini, Issue 14, 53-60.
11. DSTU EN 470-1-2003: Protective clothing used in welding and other high-temperature processes. Pt 1: General requirements. Valid from 01.07.2004.
12. (1988) Means for individual protection of workers in production: Catalogue-refer. book. Moscow: Profizdat.
13. (1975) New textiles and materials for protective clothing. Moscow: All-Union Institute of Light Industry Items and Clothing Standards.
14. DSN 3.3.6.096-2002: State sanitary standards and rules in operation with electromagnetic field sources. Kyiv: Ministry of Public Health of Ukraine.
15. (1973) Protection against electromagnetic field action and electric current in industry. Moscow: All-Union Central Sci.-Res. Institute of Labour Protection.
16. Lobanov, L.M., Levchenko, O.G., Levchuk, V.K. et al. Welder's apron. Pat. 50293 Ukraine. Int. Cl. G 12 B 17/00. Publ. 25.05.2010.