TPWJ, 2011, #5, 47-51 pages
CHAMBERS FOR EXPLOSION WELDING OF METALS (REVIEW)
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue № 5, 2011 (May)
P.S. SHLENSKY, L.D. DOBRUSHIN, Yu.I. FADEENKO and S.D. VENTSEV
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU, Kiev, Ukraine
Existing protection equipment and explosion chambers for explosion treatment of metal are analysed. The focus is on metal chambers for explosion welding. Advantages and drawbacks of different designs of the chambers and prospects for their upgrading are outlined.
explosion welding, explosion chamber, tubular explosion chamber, explosive
1. Banker, J.G. (2009) Industrial applications of explosion welding (Review). The Paton Welding J., 11, 42-46.
2. (1992) Unified safety regulations in explosion operations. Kiev: Normativ.
3. Bogrovsky, Ya., Fruchek, M., Korzun, M. (1976) Some problems related to increase in explosion effects. In: Proc. of 3rd Int. Symp. on Application of Explosion Energy for Fabrication of Metallic Materials with New Properties by Welding, Cladding, Hardening and Explosion Compacting of Powders (Marianskie Lazni, 19-22 Oct., 1976), 515-522.
4. Kudinov, V.M., Palamarchuk, V.I., Gelfond, B.E. (1977) Damping of shock waves by foams. In: Application of explosion energy in welding technique. Kiev: PWI.
5. Gurin, A.A. (1978) Control of shock waves in explosion operations. Moscow: Nedra.
6. (1974) SN 453-73: Recommendations on designing of shelters located in mine working. Moscow.
7. Krupin, A.V., Soloviov, V.Ya., Popov, G.S. et al. (1991) Explosion treatment of metals. Moscow: Metallurgiya.
8. Bazhin, I.I., Stukalov, N.G., Chebanov, Yu.I. (1970) Experience of designing of vacuum chambers in units of the workshop type. Impulsnaya Obrab. Metallov Davleniem, Issue 1, 84-87.
9. Krivtsov, V.S., Borisevich, V.K. (2007) State-of-the-art and prospects of application of pulse power sources for technological processes of materials treatment. Aviats.-Kosmich. Tekhnika i Tekhnologiya, 47(11), 10-17.
10. Demchuk, A.F., Isakov, V.P. (2006) Metallic explosion chambers. Krasnoyarsk: RIO KrasGU.
11. Nikolaenko, P.A. (2010) Stress-strain state and strengthening of metallic explosion chambers: Syn. of Thesis for Cand. of Techn. Sci. Degree. Moscow.
12. (2009) Moscow Regional Shared-Use Explosion Center of the Russian Academy of Sciences (SUEC). The Paton Welding J., 11, 77.
13. Willian, F., Howel, G. Explosive welding device. Pat. 3848794 USA.