TPWJ, 2012, #2, 22-24 pages
EFFECT OF HIGH-TEMPERATURE THERMAL CYCLING ON DEPOSITED METAL OF THE TYPE OF HEAT-RESISTANT DIE STEELS
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue № 2, 2012 (February)
I.A. RYABTSEV, I.A. KONDRATIEV, A.A. BABINETS, G.N. GORDAN, T.V. KAJDA and I.L. BOGAJCHUK
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU, Kiev, Ukraine
The effect of high-temperature cyclic loads on thermal stability, structure and microscopic chemical heterogeneity of deposited metal of the type of heat-resistant die steels was investigated. It was shown that, despite the fact that no diffusion of main alloying elements was detected during the tests, structure of the deposited metal experienced changes leading to its weakening.
arc cladding, flux-cored wire, deposited metal, forming rolls, dies, thermal cycling, thermal stability, structure
1. Frumin, I.I. (1961) Automatic electric arc surfacing. Kharkov: Metallurgizdat.
2. Tylkin, M.A. (1971) Improvement of service life of metallurgical equipment parts. Moscow: Metallurgiya.
3. Ryabtsev, I.A., Kondratiev, I.A. (1999) Mechanised electric arc surfacing of metallurgical equipment parts. Kiev: Ekotekhnologiya.
4. Ryabtsev, I.A. (2004) Surfacing of machine and mechanism parts. Kiev: Ekotekhnologiya.
5. Dulnev, R.A., Kotov, P.I. (1980) Thermal fatigue of metals. Moscow: Mashinostroenie.
6. Balandin, Yu.F. (1967) Thermal fatigue of metals in ship power machine building. Leningrad: Sudostroenie.
7. Tylkin, M.A., Yalovoj, N.I., Polukhin, P.T. (1970) Temperature and stresses in parts of metallurgical equipment. Moscow: Vysshaya Shkola.
8. Birger, I.A., Shorr, B.F., Demianushko, I.V. et al. (1975) Thermal strength of machine parts. Moscow: Mashinostroenie.
9. Ryabtsev, I.I., Chernyak, Ya.P., Osin, V.V. (2004) Modular unit for testing of deposited metal. Svarshchik, 1, 18-20.