TPWJ, 2012, #2, 40-42 pages
FEATURES OF PRODUCING SOUND WELDS IN ELECTRON BEAM WELDING OF THICK HIGH-STRENGTH STEELS
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue № 2, 2012 (February)
V.Ya. BELENKY, D.N. TRUSHNIKOV, G.M. MLADENOV and T.V. OLSHANSKAYA
Perm National Research University, Perm, RF
Features of formation and solidification of weld metal in electron beam welding of high-strength steels with deep penetration were investigated. Both the possibility of increasing the degree of structural inhomogeneity and prevention of appearance of specific defects in welding with electron beam oscillation are shown.
electron beam welding, high-strength steels, large thicknesses, weld metal, initial structure, weld defects, X-shaped path
1. Mladenov, G., Vutova, K., Wojcicki, S. (1998) Experimental investigation of weld depth and thermal efficiency during electron beam welding. Vacuum, 51, Issue 2, 231-233.
2. Koleva, E. (2005) Electron beam weld parameters and thermal efficiency improvement. Ibid., 77, Issue 4, 413-421.
3. Erofeev, V.A., Logvinov, R.V., Nesterenkov, V.M. (2010) Specifics of application of equivalent heat source taking into account the strains and stresses in electron beam welding. Svarka i Diagnostika, 4, 22-26.
4. Yazovskikh, V.M., Trushnikov, D.N., Belenky, V.Y. (2004) The mechanism of secondary emission processes in electron beam welding with electron beam modulation. Welding Int., 18, Issue 95, 724-729.
5. Trushnikov, D.N., Belen'kii, V.Ya., Yazovskikh, V.M. et al. (2007) Formation of a secondary-emission signal in electron beam welding with continuous penetration. Ibid., 21, 384-386.
6. Belenky, V.Ya. (1989) Estimation of optimal frequency of electron beam oscillation in welding. Fizika i Khimiya Obrab. Materialov, 1, 106-111.
7. Belenky, V.Ya. (1986) Electron beam scanning along X-shaped trajectory as means of root defect refinement during electron beam welding. Avtomatich. Svarka, 9, 35-37.