TPWJ, 2012, #11, 33-36 pages
PROCEDURE FOR CALCULATION OF DIMENSIONS OF NOZZLES IN WELDING USING TWO SEPARATE GAS JETS
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue № 11, 2012 (November)
V.M. Belokon and A.O. Koroteev
State Institution of Higher Professional Education «Belarusian-Russian University», Mogilyov, Republic of Belarus
Advantages of the process of welding without short-circuiting with double gas shielding of the arcing zone are shown. The arc is shielded by argon, and the weld pool - by carbon dioxide gas, fed through two concentrically located nozzles. Calculation of arc radius in its largest cross-section was performed. Calculation of weld pool length allows determination of the diameter of nozzle for carbon dioxide feed. Application of higher welding parameters requires increasing the diameter of nozzles, which can be calculated by similar procedures.
arc welding, consumable electrode, shielding gases, separate jets, dimensions of nozzles, calculation procedure
1. Laevsky, V.S., Dyurgerov, N.G., Lenivkin, V.A. et al. (1969) Consumable electrode welding of low-carbon steels in combined shielding. Svarochn. Proizvodstvo, 10, 21-22.
2. Potapievsky, A.G. (1973) Consumable-electrode gas-shielded welding. Moscow: Mashinostroenie.
3. Paton, B.E. (1974) Technology of fusion arc welding of metals and alloys. Moscow: Mashinostroenie.
4. Malyshev, B.D., Akulov, A.I., Alekseev, E.K. et al. (1989) Welding and cutting in industrial engineering. Ed. by B.D. Malyshev. Vol. 1. Moscow: Strojizdat.
5. Fedko, V.T., Kiyanov, S.S., Shmatchenko, V.S. et al. (2003) Application of double-jet nozzles for gas-shielded welding. Avtomatizatsiya i Sovr. Tekhnologii, 3, 12-18.
6. Leskov, G.I. (1971) Welding electric arc. Moscow: Mashinostroenie.
7. Pavlyuk, S.K., Belokon, V.M. (1974) About stability of arc ignition process in consumable electrode welding. Svarochn. Proizvodstvo, 4, 51-53.
8. Erokhin, A.A. (1973) Principles of fusion welding. Moscow: Mashinostroenie.
9. Akulov, A.I., Belchuk, G.A., Demyantsevich, V.P. (1977) Technology and equipment for fusion welding. Moscow: Mashinostroenie.
10. Petrov, G.A., Tumarev, A.S. (1967) Theory of welding processes. Moscow: Vysshaya Shkola.
11. Popravka, D.L., Khvorostov, N.E., Proskurin, V.N. (1973) Some principles of flow of shielded gas jet. Svarochn. Proizvodstvo, 6, 33-36.