TPWJ, 2012, #11, 28-33 pages
REPAIR WELDING OF INTERMEDIATE CASES OF AIRCRAFT ENGINES FROM HIGH-TEMPERATURE MAGNESIUM ALLOY ML10 WITH APPLICATION OF ELECTRODYNAMIC TREATMENT
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue № 11, 2012 (November)
L.M. Lobanov1, N.A. Pashchin1, A.V. Cherkashin1, G.I. Tkachuk1, V.V. Savitsky1, O.L. Mikhoduj1, K.V. Shiyan1, V.K. Levchuk1, V.V. Zhyginas2 and A.P. Lyashchenko2
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU, Kiev, Ukraine
SC «Plant 410 of Civil Aviation», Kiev, Ukraine
Technology was developed for repair welding of damages in aircraft engine intermediate cases from magnesium alloy ML10. The technology comprises electrodynamic treatment of welds aimed at reducing the level of residual welding stresses. It was experimentally proved that treatment practically eliminates residual stresses in the weld. At charging voltage of up to 200 V electrodynamic treatment operator can perform maximum 1100 electrodynamic impact operations per shift, and at 500 V voltage - not more than 100 operations, that fully meets the requirements of production cycle of repair welding of aircraft intermediate case.
argon-arc repair welding, electrodynamic treatment, magnesium alloy, aircraft engine cases, magnetic field intensity, pulsed current, charging voltage, capacitor capacitance, welding stresses, treatment effectiveness
1. Stepanov, G.V., Babutsky, A.I. (2007) Modeling of stress relaxation under action of pulsed electric current of high density. Problemy Prochnosti, 2, 113-120.
2. Antonov, Yu.A., Ragozin, Yu.I. (2001) Pulse method of residual stress relieving. Fizika i Khimiya Obrab. Materialov, 3, 91-95.
3. Lobanov, L.M., Pashchin, N.A., Loginov, V.P. et al. (2007) Change of the stress-strain state of welded joints of aluminium alloy AMg6 after electrodynamic treatment. The Paton Welding J., 6, 7-14.
4. Lobanov, L.M., Pashchin, N.A., Cherkashin, A.V. et al. (2012) Efficiency of electrodynamic treatment of aluminium alloy AMg6 and its welded joints. Ibid., 1, 2-6.
5. Levchenko, O.G. (2010) Occupational safety and health in welding engineering. Kiev: Osnova.