The Paton Welding Journal, 2012, #11, 23-27 pages
THERMODYNAMIC ANALYSIS OF SLAG MELTS IN MANUFACTURE OF FUSED WELDING FLUXES
L.A. Zhdanov1, A.N. Duchenko1, I.A. Goncharov2, V.I. Galinich2, A.V. Zalevsky2 and N.Ya. Osipov3
NTUU «Kiev Polytechnic Institute», Kiev, Ukraine
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU, Kiev, Ukraine
OJSC «Zaporozhstekloflyus», Zaporozhie, Ukraine
Applicability of equilibrium thermodynamic laws for analysis of physico-chemical reactions was established proceeding from analysis of temperature-time conditions of melting of welding fluxes in arc and open gas furnaces. Thermodynamic analysis of reactions of charge components used in welding flux manufacture was conducted. Techniques to control the process of slag melt refining are determined.
fused welding fluxes, slag melt, sulphur, phosphorus, thermodynamic analysis
1. Podgaetsky, V.V., Lyuborets, I.I. (1984) Welding fluxes. Kiev: Tekhnika.
2. Podgaetsky, V.V. (1947) Production of AN-3 flux for automatic welding. Kiev.
3. (1965-1982) Thermal constants of materials: Refer. Book. Ed. by V.P. Glushko. Moscow: VINITI.
4. (1978) Thermodynamic properties of individual materials. Ed. by V.P. Glushko. Moscow: Nauka.
5. Kazachkov, E.A. (1988) Calculations on theory of metallurgical processes. Moscow: Metallurgiya.
6. Leontiev, L.I., Yusfin, Yu.S., Malysheva, T.Ya. et al. (2007) Raw and fuel materials base of iron industry. Moscow: Akademkniga.
7. Zalkin, V.M. (1987) Nature of eutectic alloys and effect of contact melting. Moscow: Metallurgiya.
8. Savin, V.S., Mikhalyova, O.V., Zubova, Yu.A. (2007) Diffusion of atoms from liquid to solid phase in contact melting. Zhurnal Tekhn. Fiziki, 33(10), 27-32.