TPWJ, 2013, #7, 2-6 pages
FLASH BUTT WELDING OF PRODUCTS OF HIGH-STRENGTH ALLOYS BASED ON ALUMINIUM
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue ¹ 7, 2013 (July)
S.I. KUCHUK-YATSENKO, P.N. CHVERTKO, L.A. SEMYONOV, K.V. GUSHCHIN and S.M. SAMOTRYASOV
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU. 11 Bozhenko Str., 03680, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The generalized data of technologies and equipment for flash butt welding of products of aluminium alloys and also types of products being welded using this method in rocket construction are given. The main directions of investigations for modernization of technologies of welding of high-strength aluminium alloys are considered: technology of welding using pulsed flashing as a method of heat intensification, and also effect of deformation degree at upsetting on the structure and properties of welded joints. The optimal degree of deformation of forming devices was determined allowing increase the elongation of welded product by 1.5 times at simultaneous preserving of high values of strength. In welding of thick-wall heat-hardened aluminium alloys the postweld thermomechanical treatment allows producing joints, equal in strength to base metal. Technology of welding of thick-wall T-profiles of high-strength hard-to-weld alloys was developed. The mechanical characteristics of welded joints of high-strength aluminium alloys are at the level of not less than 90 % of the strength of base metal. 10 Ref., 3 Table, 10 Figures.
flash butt welding, flashing, aluminium alloys, welded joint, thermomechanical treatment, mechanical properties, strength, ductility
1. Nikolaev, G.A., Fridlyander, I.N., Arbuzov, Yu.P. (1990) Weldable aluminium alloys. Moscow: Metallurgiya.
Ishchenko, A.Ya., Podielnikov, S.V., Poklyatsky, A.G. (2007) Friction stir welding of aluminium alloys (Review). The Paton Welding J., 11, 25-30.
3. Ishchenko, A.Ya. (2007) Welding of aluminium alloys (directions of research conducted at PWI). Ibid., 11, 6-9.
4. Ishchenko, A.Ya. (2004) Specifics in application of aluminium high-strength alloys for welded structures. Ibid., 9, 15-25.
5. Ishchenko, A.Ya., Chapor, V.O. (2000) Weldability of high-strength alloys of Al-Zn-Mg-(Cu) system (Review). Ibid., 4, 5-10.
6. Kuchuk-Yatsenko, S.I. (1992) Flash butt welding. Kiev: Naukova Dumka.
7. Kuchuk-Yatsenko, S.I., Sakhatsky, G.P., Semyonov, L.A. et al. (1967) Resistance butt welding of products of high-strength aluminium alloys. Avtomatich. Svarka, 7, 13-18.
8. Gelman, A.S. (1970) Principles of pressure welding. Moscow: Mashinostroenie.
9. Kuchuk-Yatsenko, S.I., Chvertko, P.N., Semyonov, L.A. et al. (2010) Peculiarities of flash butt welding of high-strength aluminium alloy 2219. The Paton Welding J., 3, 7-9.
10. Polukhin, P.I. (1977) Technology of metals and welding. Moscow: Vysshaya Shkola.