TPWJ, 2014, #3, 45-48 pages
RESISTANCE BUTT WELDING OF CONCRETE REINFORCEMENT IN CONSTRUCTION SITE
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue № 3, 2014 (March)
P.N. CHVERTKO, N.D. GORONKOV, N.A. VINOGRADOV, S.M. SAMOTRYASOV and V.Yu. SYSOEV
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU. 11 Bozhenko Str., 03680, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
Considered are the issues of joining of concrete reinforcement bars in construction site using resistance butt welding (RBW). Pilot tests of developed technology for RBW of concrete reinforcement bars and equipment for its realizing were carried out directly in the construction site. It is shown that application of RBW in construction site provides for high economic effectiveness, rises construction efficiency and significantly reduces number of rejected joints. 7 Ref., 8 Figures.
concrete reinforcement bars, mobile complex for resistance butt welding, cast in-situ reinforced concrete, resistance butt welding
1. Brodsky, A.Ya. (1961) Welding of reinforced concrete structures. Moscow: Gosstrojizdat.
2. Kuchuk-Yatsenko, S.I. (1992) Flash-butt welding. Kiev: Naukova Dumka.
3. (2007) DSTU 3760:2006: Reinforcing bars for reinforced concrete structures. General specifications. Kyiv: Derzhspozhyvstandart.
4. (1990) GOST 10922-90: Reinforcing and embedded welded products, welded joints of reinforcing and embedded products of concrete structures. General specifications. Introd. 01.01.91. Moscow: Standart.
5. Chvertko, P.N. (2010) Flash-butt welding of reinforcement bars of A400S-A600S classes in construction of structures of monolithic reinforced concrete. The Paton Welding J., 8, 25-28.
6. Kugushin, A.A., Uzlov, I.G., Kalmykov, V.V. et al. (1986) High-strength reinforcing steel. Moscow: Metallurgiya.
7. Degtyaryov, I.A. (1965) Welding in production and assembly of reinforcing structures. Moscow: Energiya.