TPWJ, 2015, #11, 52-56 pages
Physical and mechanical properties of transition zone of bimetal produced by autonomous vacuum brazing of copper on steel
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue № 11, 2015 (November)
M.G. Atroshenko, M.A. Poleshchuk, A.V. Shevtsov, A.L. Puzrin, D.D. Mishchenko, I.P. Serebryanik And A.I. Borodin
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU 11 Bozhenko Str., 03680, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
The physical and mechanical properties of the joining zone of metal produced by autonomous vacuum brazing of copper M1 on steel billets were determined. During tensile test the fracture of standard specimens occurred always in the copper part. At the same time, the strength properties of brazed copper layer in the initial state exceeded the reference values for wrought and annealed copper M1. The ultimate tear strength of brazed copper layer determined on the special specimens is equal to the temporary rupture strength of steel 20. The investigations of physical characteristics of the joining zone showed that during technical calculations the additional electrical and thermal resistances of the contact zone can be neglected. 13 Ref., 1 Table, 7 Figures.
autonomous vacuum brazing steel-copper bimetal, mechanical properties of joining zone, electrical and thermal resistance of contact
- Kuniharu, M. et al. One-sided cladding of steel sheet. Pat. 52-123824 Japan. Int. Cl. 12A 220 C 23 C 1/00. Fil. 15.10.77. Publ. 8.05.79.
- Bukov, A.A. (1979) Corrosion-resistant bimetal sheet products. Stal, 6, 446-450.
- Nikolaev, G.A., Olshansky, I.A. (1975) Special methods of welding. Moscow: Mashinostroenie.
- Kudinov, V.M., Koroteev, A.Ya. (1978) Explosion welding in metallurgy. Ed. by E.S. Karakozov. Moscow: Metallurgiya.
- Nikityuk, Yu.A., Grigorenko, G.M., Zelenin, V.I. et al. (2013) Technology of restoring repair of slab mold of continuous-casting machine with friction stir surfacing. Sovr. Elektrometallurgiya, 3, 51-55.
- Paton, B.E., Rossoshinsky, A.A. (1982) Some problems of development of brazing technology. In: Modern methods of brazing, 3-12.
- Lakomsky, V.I., Bogachenko, A.G., Mishchenko, D.D. et al. (2013) Welded joint of copper with steel in hearth-level electrode of direct current arc furnace. Sovr. Elektrometallurgiya, 4, 7-9.
- Paton, B.E., Medovar, L.B., Shevchenko, V.E. et al. (2003) Electroslag technologies in production of bimetal billets. Advances in Electrometallurgy, 4, 7-10.
- Golovanenko, S.A., Meandrov, L.V. (1966) Production of bimetals. Moscow: Metallurgiya.
- Puzrin, L.G., Bojko, G.A., Atroshenko, M.G. (1975) Autovacuum brazing. Kiev: Znanie.
- Serebryanik, I.P., Buravlev, Yu.M., Ivanitsyn, N.P. et al. Method of production of cooled panels. USSR author's cert. 1235075. Fil. 28.06.84.
- Keloglu, Yu.P., Zakharievich, K.M., Kartashevskaya, M.A. (1977) Metals and alloys: Refer. Book. Kishinev.
- Ovsyannikov, V.G., Shejko, V.I., Malyshev, V.A. et al. (1976) Method of determination of tearing resistance of bimetal clad layer. Zavod Laboratoriya, 3, 339-340.