TPWJ, 2016, #4, 43-47 pages
Improvement of electron devices for initial and repeated ignitions of alternating current arc
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue № 4, 2016 (March)
SE Research Engineering Center of Welding and Control in Power Engineering of E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU 11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03680, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail:email@example.com
Taking into account earlier carried investigations, considered are the issues of development of the electron devices for
contactless initial and repeated ignitions of alternating current arc in mechanized arc welding. They generate high and
increased voltage pulses being injected in an inter-electrode gap. It is shown that the most reasonable way for improvement
of the electron devices is a development of combined striker-stabilizers. They have a possibility to function in a
mode of initial ignition (striking) of the arc as well as in a mode of its burning stabilizing. It can be reached by means of
using at least two independent forming circuits in the generators of high or increased voltage pulses of the striker-stabilizers.
A variant of circuit solutions for the combined electron arc striker-stabilizer having series connection to welding
circuit is presented and described for mechanized consumable electrode AC welding. 22 Ref., 2 Figures.
mechanized arc welding, alternating current, initial and repeated arc ignitions, arc stability, electron
striker-stabilizers of arc, generators of high and increased voltage pulses
1. Paton, B.E., Zavadsky, V.A. (1956) Pulsed arc ignition in gasand manual arc welding. Avtomatich. Svarka, 3, 26–35.
2. (1974) Technology of fusion welding of metals and alloys. Ed. by B.E. Paton. Moscow: Mashinostroenie.
3. Leskov, G.I. (1970) Electric welding arc. Moscow: Mashinostroenie.
4. Temkin, B.Ya. (1981) Theory and calculation of welding arc strikers: Syn. of Thesis for Cand. of Techn. Sci Degree. Leningrad.
5. (1986) Equipment for arc welding: Refer. Book. Ed. by V.V. Smirnov. Leningrad: Energoatomizdat.
6. Farson, D., Courardy, C., Talkington, J. et al. (1998) Arc initiation in gas metal arc welding. Welding Res. Suppl., 8, 315–321.
7. Makhlin, N.M. (2015) Peculiarities of contactless ignitions of alternating current arc. The Paton Welding J., 10, 29–35. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2015.10.05
8. Lauzhadis, A.I. (1967) Influence of current frequency on stability of arc and process of manual arc welding. Avtomatich. Svarka, 9, 29–32.
9. Dymenko, V.V. (1985) Improvement of process stability and extension of technological feasibilities of alternating current consumable electrode welding: Syn. of Thesis for Cand. of Techn. Sci. Degree. Kiev.
10. Paton, B.E., Zaruba, I.I., Dymenko, V.V. et al. (2007) Welding power sources with pulsed stabilizing of arc burning. Kiev: Ekotekhnologiya.
11. Korotynsky, O.E. (2007) High-efficient power sources for arc welding based on inductance-capacitance converters: Syn. of Thesis for Dr. of Techn. Sci. Degree. Kiev.
13. Makhlin, N.M., Korotynsky, A.E. (2014) Analysis and procedure of calculation of series connection electronic devices for contactless arc excitation. The Paton Welding J., 1, 30–40. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2014.01.05
14. Makhlin, N.M., Korotynsky, A.E. (2015) Asynchronous exciters and stabilizers of welding arc. Analysis and design procedure. Pt 1. Ibid., 3/4, 24–35.
15. Makhlin, N.M., Korotynsky, A.E. (2015) Asynchronous exciters and stabilizers of arc. Analysis and calculation procedure. Pt 2. Ibid., 7, 26–37.
16. Dudko, D.A., Fedotenkov, V.G., Makhlin, N.M. (1980) Thyristor pulse generators of UPD-1 type. Avtomatich. Svarka, 6, 61–63.
17. Fedotenkov, V.G., Shmakov, E.I., Ivanov, G.P. et al. Device for arc ignition. USSR author’s cert. 601877. Int. Cl. B23K 9/06. Publ.14.12.77.
18. Shmakov, E.I., Fedotenkov, V.G., Kolesnik, G.F. et al. Device for arc ignition. USSR author’s cert. 490592. Int. Cl. B23K 9/06. Publ. 05.11.75.
19. Makhlin, N.M., Korotynsky, O.E., Skopyuk, M.I. Device for ignition and stabilizing of AC arc burning process. Pat. 109334 Ukraine. Int. Cl. B23K 9/067, B23K 9/073. Publ. 10.08.2015.
20. Lenivkin, V.A., Klenov, G.G., Sagirov, Kh.N. et al. (1986) Ignition of arc in consumable electrode welding. Avtomatich. Svarka, 2, 30–34.
21. (2008) Theoretical principles of electrical engineering: Refer. Book on theory of electric circuits. St.-Petersburg: Piter.