TPWJ, 2019, #10, 12-16 pages
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue #10, 2019 (November)
Hybrid laser-microplasma welding of sheet Ti–Al–V Titanium alloy
I.V. Krivtsun1, V.Yu. Khaskin2, V.M. Korzhyk1,2, I.M. Klochkov1, V.V. Kvasnytskyi3, O.A. Babich1,2, Cai Detao2, Luo Ziyi2 and Han Shanguo2
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine
11 Kazymyr Malevych Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
E.O.Paton Chinese-Ukrainian Welding Institute, Guangzhou, China
National Technical University of Ukraine «Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute»
37 Peremohy Prosp., Kyiv-56, Ukraine
The process of hybrid laser-microplasma welding of sheet Ti–Al–V titanium alloy of TC4 grade (up to 3.0 mm) was studied. The recommended technological parameters and conditions of laser-microplasma welding in an argon medium, physical and mechanical properties of welded joints were determined, and the presence of hybrid effect was established. 5 Ref., 3 Tables, 7 Figures.
laser-microplasma welding, Ti-Al-V titanium alloy, heat input, strength, elongation, hybrid effect
1. Gurevich, S.M., Zamkov, V.N., Blashchuk, V.E. et al. (1986) Metallurgy and technology of welding of titanium and its alloys. 2nd Ed. Kiev, Naukova Dumka [in Russian].
2. Nazarenko, O.K., Kajdalov, A.A., Kovbasenko, S.N. et al. (1987) Electron beam welding. Kiev, Naukova Dumka [in Russian].
3. Grigoryants, A.G., Shiganov, I.N. (1988) Laser technique and technology. In: 7 books. Book 5: Laser welding of metals. In: Manual for higher education inst. Ed. by A.G. Grigoryants. Moscow, Vysshaya Shkola [in Russian].
4. Krivtsun, I.V., Shelyagin, V.D., Khaskin, V.Yu. et al. (2007) Hybrid laser-plasma welding of aluminium alloys. The Paton Welding J., 5, 36-40.
5. Krivtsun, I.V., Korzhik, V.N., Khaskin, V.Yu. et al. (2017) Unit of new generation for laser-microplasma welding. In: Proc. of 8th Int. Conf. on Beam Technologies in Welding and Processing of Materials. Ed. by I.V. Krivtsun. Kiev, International Association Welding, 2017, 95–100.