DOI of Article
Avtomaticheskaya Svarka (Automatic Welding), #10, 2019, pp. 13-17
Hybrid laser-microplasma welding of Ti-Al-V titanium alloy
I.V. Krivtsun1, V.Yu. Haskin2, V.M. Korzhik1,2, I.M. Klochkov1, V.V. Kvasnytskyi3, O.A. Babich1,2, Cai Detao2, Luo Ziyi2, Han Shanguo2
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine. 11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03150, Kyiv.
E.O. Paton Chinese-Ukrainian Welding Institute. Guangzhou, China
National Technical University of Ukraine «Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute». 37, Pobedy Ave., Kiev-56, Ukraine
The process of hybrid laser-micro-plasma welding of thin-sheet Ti-Al-V titanium alloy of TS4 grade (up to 3.0 mm) was investigated. The recommended technological parameters and conditions of laser-plasma welding in argon medium, physical and mechanical properties of welded joints were determined, and the presence of hybrid effect was established. 5 Ref., 3 Tabl., 7 Fig.
laser-microplasma welding, Ti-Al-V titanium alloy, input energy, strength, elongation, hybrid effect
1. Gurevich, S.M., Zamkov, V.N., Blashchuk, V.E. et al. (1986) Metallurgy and technology of welding of titanium and its alloys. 2nd Ed. Kiev, Naukova Dumka [in Russian].
2. Nazarenko, O.K., Kajdalov, A.A., Kovbasenko, S.N. et al. (1987) Electron beam welding. Kiev, Naukova Dumka [in Russian].
3. Grigoryants, A.G., Shiganov, I.N. (1988) Laser technique and technology. In: 7 books. Book 5: Laser welding of metals. In: Manual for higher education inst. Ed. by A.G. Grigoryants. Moscow, Vysshaya Shkola [in Russian].
4. Krivtsun, I.V., Shelyagin, V.D., Khaskin, V.Yu. et al. (2007) Hybrid laser-plasma welding of aluminium alloys. The Paton Welding J., 5, 36-40.
5. Krivtsun, I.V., Korzhik, V.N., Khaskin, V.Yu. et al. (2017) Unit of new generation for laser-microplasma welding. In: Proc. of 8th Int. Conf. on Beam Technologies in Welding and Processing of Materials. Ed. by I.V. Krivtsun. Kiev, International Association Welding, 2017, 95-100.