TPWJ, 2011, #12, 7-12 pages
EFFECT OF SINGLE-PHASE POWER SOURCES OF WELDING ARC ON ELECTRIC MAINS
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue № 12, 2011 (December)
S.V. RYMAR, A.M. ZHERNOSEKOV and V.N. SYDORETS
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU, Kiev, Ukraine
Harmonic composition of the electric mains in operation of single-phase welding power sources was investigated. It is shown that the welding power sources generate the higher harmonics of current into mains, in particular triplen harmonics, thus deteriorating the quality of electric power. It is recommended to apply the filters of higher harmonics for decreasing the effect of single-phase welding power sources on electric mains.
electric mains, single-phase welding power sources, higher harmonics of current and voltage, coefficient of non-linear distortions of current and voltage
1. Paice, D.A. (1995) Power electronic converter harmonics. Multipulse methods for clean power. New York: IEEE Press.
2. Pentegov, I.V., Volkov, I.V., Levin, M. (2002) Devices of attenuation of higher harmonics of current. In: Technical electrodynamics: Subject Issue on Problems of Current Electrical Engineering. Pt 1. Kyiv: IED.
3. DSTU IEZ 61000-3-2:2004: Electromagnetic compatibility. Pt 3-2: Norms. Norms for emission of harmonics of current (at input current force of equipment of not more than 16 A per phase). Kyiv: Derzhspozhyvstandart Ukrainy.
4. (1992) IEEE Recommended practices and requirements for harmonic control in electrical power systems: IEEE Standard 519-1992. New York: IEEE Standard Board.
5. Rymar, S.V., Zhernosekov, A.M., Sydorets, V.N. (2011) Influence of welding power supplies on three-phase mains. The Paton Welding J., 10, 40-45.
6. Zaruba, I.I., Dymenko, V.V. (1992) Multioperator power supplies for AC welding. In: Transact. on New Welding Power Supplies. Kiev: PWI.
7. Pentegov, I.V., Dymenko, V.V., Sklifos, V.V. (1994) Welding power supplies with pulse ignition of arc. Avtomatich. Svarka, 7/8, 36-39.
8. Paton, B.E., Zaruba, I.I., Dymenko, V.V. et al. (2007) Welding power supplies with pulse stabilization of arc burning. Kiev: Ekotekhnologiya.
9. Pentegov, I.V., Latansky, V.P., Sklifos, V.V. (1992) Smallsize power supplies with improved energy data. In: Transact. on New Welding Power Supplies. Kiev: PWI.
10. Pentegov, I.V., Rymar, S.V., Latansky, V.P. (2000) Prospects of development of new types of transformers for manual arc welding. Visnyk PryazovDTU, 10, 217-223.
11. Sidorets, V.N., Kunkin, D.D., Moskovich, G.N. (2011) Harmonic analysis of alternative current of electric welding arc. In: Technical electrodynamics: Subject Issue on Power Electronics and Power Efficiency. Pt 1. Kyiv: IED.
12. Paton, B.E., Lebedev, V.K. (1966) Electric equipment for arc and slag welding. Moscow: Mashinostroenie.
13. (1974) Technology of fusion electric arc welding of metals and alloys. Ed. by B.E. Paton. Moscow: Mashinostroenie.
14. Xiao, J.-G., Xing, M.-Z., Xiong, G. et al. (2009) Suppression technology of electromagnetic disturbance for IGBT inverter welder. Electric Welding Machine, 39(12), 39-42.
15. Volkov, I.V., Kurilchuk, M.N., Pentegov, I.V. et al. (2005) Improvement in quality of industrial enterprises mains using filters of higher harmonics of current. Visnyk PryazovDTU, 2(15), 15-19.
16. Shidlovsky, A.K., Kuznetsov, V.G. (1985) Improvement in quality of energy in electric mains. Kiev: Naukova Dumka.
17. Pentegov, I.V., Volkov, I.V., Rymar, S.V. et al. Threephase filter of harmonics of current of zero sequence of autotransformer type. Pat. 88912 C2 Ukraine. Int. Cl. H01F27/24. Publ. 10.12.2009.