TPWJ, 2018, #3, 20-24 pages
Influence of rare-earth elements on the structure and properties of welds of vt22 titanium alloy
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue #3, 2018 (March)
S.L. Schwab, I.K. Petrychenko And S.V. Akhonin
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine
11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
The paper presents the results of investigations of the influence of rare-earth metal fluorides on structural changes in weld metal of titanium alloy VT22 for the purpose of using them in the flux filler of experimental flux-cored wire for welding this alloy. It was shown that refinement of b-grains is observed in welds made by argon-arc welding of VT22 alloy over a layer of flux, consisting of rare-earth metal fluorides. Addition of LaF3
to the core of experimental flux-cored titanium wire PPT-22 in combination with heat treatment allowed increasing the impact toughness of welds in argon-arc welding of VT22 alloy 2 times up to 30.6 J/cm2
. 8 Ref., 4 Tables, 5 Figures.
VT22 titanium alloy, rare-earth metal, fluorides, flux-cored wire
- (2003) Titanium and titanium alloys. Fundamentals and applications. Ed. by C. Leyens. Germany, Wiley-VCH. https://doi.org/10.1002/3527602119
- Inozemtsev, A.A., Bashkatov, I.G., Koryakovtsev, A.S. (2010) Modern titanium alloys and problems of their development. Moscow, VIAM [in Russian].
- Gurevich, S.M., Zamkov, V.N., Blashchuk, V.E. et al. (1986) Metallurgy and technology of welding of titanium and its alloys. 2nd ed. Kiev, Naukova Dumka [in Russian].
- (1977) Diagrams of meltability of salt systems: Refer. book; Pt 1. Ed. by Posypajko, V.I. et al. Moscow, Metallurgiya [in Russian].
- Prilutsky, V.P., Schvab, S.L., Petrychenko, I.K. et al. (2016) Argon arc welding of titanium VT22 alloy using filler fluxcored wire. The Paton Welding J., 9, 9–13. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2016.09.02
- Gurevich, S.M., Zamkov, V.N., Zagrebenyuk, S.D. et al. (1964) Influence of fluxes containing rare-earth elements on structure and properties of welds of VT15 alloy. Svarka, 4, 93–94 [in Russian].
- Grabin, V.F. (1975) Basics of physical metallurgy and heat treatment of welded joints from titanium alloys. Kiev, Naukova Dumka [in Russian].
- Lyasotskaya, V.S. (2003) Heat treatment of welded joints from titanium alloys. Moscow, Ekomet [in Russian].