The Paton Welding Journal, 2012, #8, 16-22 pages
INFLUENCE OF DEPOSITED METAL COMPOSITION ON STRUCTURE AND MECHANICAL PROPERTIES OF RECONDITIONED RAILWAY WHEELS
A.A. GAJVORONSKY, V.D. POZNYAKOV, L.I. MARKASHOVA, E.N. BERDNIKOVA, A.V. KLAPATYUK, T.A. ALEKSEENKO and A.S. SHISHKEVICH
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU, Kiev, Ukraine
Experimental data are given on the effect of composition of cladding consumables on formation of structure and mechanical properties of the deposited metal on wheels of steel 2. Strength properties, ductility and crack resistance of railway wheels repaired by cladding, were evaluated by analytical methods. It was found that to ensure the required combination of mechanical properties and high crack resistance of the base and deposited metals it is rational to apply cladding consumables of bainitic or bainitic-martensitic grade for repair of railway wheels of steel 2 by arc cladding.
arc welding, railway wheels, deposited metal, HAZ, structure, properties, crack resistance
1. Pavlov, N.V., Kozubenko, I.D., Byzova, N.E. et al. (1993) Cladding of flanges of railway wheel pairs. ZhD Transport, 7, 37-40.
2. Sarzhevsky, V.A., Gajvoronsky, A.A., Gordonny, V.G. et al. (1996) Influence of technological factors on structure and properties of HAZ metal in repair-and-reconditioning cladding of flanges of all-rolled railway wheels. Avtomatich. Svarka, 3, 22-27, 33.
3. Gudkov, A.V., Lozinsky, V.N. (2008) New technological and engineering solutions in the field of welding on railway transport. Vestnik VNIIZhT, 6, 3-9.
4. Markashova, L.I., Poznyakov, V.D., Alekseenko, T.A. et al. (2011) Effect of alloying of the welds on structure and properties of welded joints on steel 17Kh2M. The Paton Welding J., 4, 5-13.
5. Markashova, L.I., Poznyakov, V.D., Gajvoronsky, A.A. et al. (2011) Evaluation of strength and crack resistance of railway wheels metal after long-term service. Fizyko-Khimichna Mekhanika Materialiv, 6, 73-79.