TPWJ, 2015, #7, 38-40 pages
Converter of frequency and number of phases for flash-butt welding of rails
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue № 7, 2015 (July)
S.I. Kuchuk-Yatsenko, P.M. Rudenko, V.S. Gavrish, A.V. Didkovsky And E.V. Antipin
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU. 11 Bozhenko Str., 03680, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The aim of the work is experimental verification of possibility of using the thyristor frequency converter with direct connection for 37.5 Hz for power supply of two-phase flash-butt welding machine from three-phase mains for its uniform loading. For experimental verification and tests the converter was designed according to the circuit with two three-phase full-wave controlled rectifiers connected in an antiparallel mode. The industrial tests were conducted in welding of steel R65 rails using continuous and pulsating flashing during two years at the rail welding enterprise. It was found that the quality of welded joints met the technical specifications. The analysis of plots of changes of effective values of phase currents showed that difference of these values did not exceed С2 %. At the same time the phase currents were 20 % lower than the current at the load. Thus, the pilot tests of the frequency converter for 37.5 Hz showed its possibility and rationality for application for flash-butt welding, in particular, of railroad rails due to uniform loading of three-phase mains. At that the efficiency of using converter can be significantly increased by applying it in the flash-butt welding machine power transformer, designed for 37.5 Hz. 7Ref., 3 Figures.
flash-butt welding of rails, thyristor frequency converter, uniform loading of three-phase mains
- Lebedev, V.K., Pismenny, A.A. (2001) Power systems of resistance welding machines. The Paton Welding J., 11, 28-32.
- Lebedev, V.K., Pismenny, A.A. (1998) Improvement of power systems of resistance welding machines. In: Welding and related technologies into the 21st century, 130-136.
- Kuchuk-Yatsenko, S.I., Rudenko, P.M., Gavrish, V.S. et al. (2015) Comparative evaluation of power and technological characteristics in continuous flash-butt welding of thick-walled parts at direct and alternating current. The Paton Welding J., 1, 11-17. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2015.01.02
- Rudenko, P.M., Gavrish, V.S. (2013) Thyristor direct converters for supply of resistance welding machines. Ibid., 8, 54-56.
- Kuchuk-Yatsenko, S.I., Lebedev, V.K. (1976) Flash-butt welding. Kiev: Naukova Dumka.
- Kuchuk-Yatsenko, S.I., Gavrish, V.S., Rudenko, P.M. et al. Method of electric supply of single-phase resistance machines of alternating current. Pat. 86279 Ukraine. Int. Cl. B23K 11/24. Publ. 10.04.2009.
- Kuchuk-Yatsenko, S.I., Gavrish, V.S., Rudenko, P.M. et al. Method of electric supply of welding transformer of single-phase resistance machines of alternating current. Pat. 100064 Ukraine. Int. Cl. B23K 11/24. Publ. 12.11.2012.