Avtomaticheskaya Svarka (Automatic Welding), #8, 2016, pp. 43-46
Electroslag welding of large-sized press frame
K.P. Shapovalov1, V.A. Belinsky1, A.E. Merzlyakov1, S.N. Kosinov1, K.A. Yushchenko2, I.I. Lychko2 and S.M. Kozulin2
Company «Novo-Kramatorsk Machine-Building Works», 5 Ordzhonikidze Str., 847305, Kramatorsk, Ukraine. Е-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU, 11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03680, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
The first in the world practice experience of production of the welded-forged structure of the lower frame of 70/90 MN forging press with thickness of welded butts in the range of 3000–3800 mm was described. The total weight of the structure amounted to 160–200 t. During manufacture the technology of electroslag welding using consumable nozzle was used. The role of the fixture belonged to the closed box-like shape of the welded billets themselves with stiffeners. The welded billet was subjected to normalizing with tempering and ultrasonic testing. The gained experience in producing welds of super-large cross sections can be used in development of methods for calculation of expected deformations and technical procedures of their control. 8 Ref., 4 Figures.
electroslag welding, press-forging equipment, welded-forged structure, press lower frames, super-large cross sections, specifics of production
- (1980) Electroslag welding and surfacing. Ed. by B.E. Paton. Moscow: Mashinostroenie.
- Sushchuk-Slyusarenko, I.I. (1969) Method of obtaining of accurate sizes in electroslag welding. Kiev: UkrNIINTI.
- Vinokurov, V.A. (1968) Welding strains and stresses. Moscow: Mashinostroenie.
- Makhnenko, V.I. (1976) Computational methods for investigation of kinetics of welding stresses and strains. Kiev: Naukova Dumka.
- Sushchuk-Slyusarenko, I.I., Lychko, I.I. (1974) Procedure of performance of electroslag welding. Kiev: Naukova Dumka.
- Nevidomsky, V.A., Krasilnikov, S.G., Panin, A.D. et al. (2002) New machine for electroslag welding of large parts at JSC «NKMBF». The Paton Welding J., 2, 49–51.
- Voloshin, A.I., Shapovalov, K.P., Belinsky, V.A. et al. (2012) Method for manufacture of large-sized forged-cast billets using electroslag welding. Ibid., 5, 43–45.
- Litvinenko, S.N., Shapovalov, K.P., Kosinov, S.N. et al. (2013) Systems of process control and monitoring of conditions — the important factors of quality assurance in electroslag welding of thick metal. Ibid., 12, 39–41.